Droid X seems to be Gorilla Glass

r3dlined

Reaction score
Boy, you wonder why no one trusts anything. I called Verizon to try to get a dead pixel Droid X replaced and the Rep wanted to make sure I knew that this was NOT a Gorilla Glass phone and I could be charge full retail for for phone (without notice) if they find anything I may have done to cause a dead pixel (pressure to the phones screen).

I clicked the Gorilla Glass link and I see the Droid X is listed as a known product with Gorilla Glass (CORNING® GORILLA® GLASS). Sorry, but false information just drives me bonkers. So who is lying?

OP
R

r3dlined

Reaction score
Is it just a scare tactic to deter me from trying to get the phone replaced? It looks like I won't really have any say in them charging me full retail or not. I'm kind of freaked out to send it in.

Reaction score
Yeah the Droid X uses Gorilla Glass. Rep was either lying or didn't know what he was talking about. I'd call back and talk to a different rep. If you get the same answer ask for a manager.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you hang around here long enough, you'll come to find out that VZW reps seldom know what they are talking about.

The Droid X DOES have Gorilla Glass, and even if it didn't; normal glass is more break-prone, but no more prone to causing deal pixels. Dead pixels are a defect in the screen itself, not the glass layer that you actually touch. The Gorilla Glass is NOT the actual screen.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would call back again. You'll talk to someone new and know the answers to some of the questions they are going to ask. Its possible the last guy you talked to was a jerk or just had his head up his bum.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Always call back and talk to different rep if you don't get the answer you want first time. I trust a small percentage of them even want to help. Most read from a book or a memo. Trying to save verizon a buck. Like they need it.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

OP
R

r3dlined

Reaction score
Very true. I do have a scratch on the screen I was just nervous they might use that as an excuse to charge me for a retail phone for a dead pixel (though it's on the opposite side of the screen).

Thanks guys.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I had a scratch on my phone that I returned due to rebooting. They never said anything about it or charged me for new phone price.

OP
R

r3dlined

Reaction score
I had a scratch on my phone that I returned due to rebooting. They never said anything about it or charged me for new phone price.

Ahhhh that makes me feel a LOT better. You guys are all ultra cool here. Thanks so much.

joker402

Reaction score
I had a dead pixel the first day i bought it, I was freaking out because i have no warranty since i used an upgrade from a diffrent account.

I poped the batter and it fixed it, hasnt been back since.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I had a dead pixel the first day i bought it, I was freaking out because i have no warranty since i used an upgrade from a diffrent account.

There is a 1 year manufacturer warranty.

AMelis

Reaction score
I called. Told them about my stuck pixel, asked them if there was a fix. They said that much about the Droid X is the visual experience, and insisted in replacing it. No conspiracy. No big deal. Just a new phone two days later and I sent my old one back.

joker402

Reaction score

There is a 1 year manufacturer warranty.

Yea but since I was active on one account before mine, Verizon wouldn't honor it. I didn't want to deal with Motorola since it would take for ever. Lucky I didn't have too.

Sent from my DROIDX