Droid X Scavenger Hunt Begins In NYC - Designate #4 Found in 6 Minutes

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
droidlanding.JPG

Well that was fast! The DroidLanding Droid X Scavenger Hunt has begun, in speedy fashion, and in NYC nonetheless. Only six minutes after announcing the GPS coordinates of the first giveaway, Droid Designate #4 was found, on Pier 66 in Manhattan. The lucky winner is Francis Choung. Not really sure how Mr. Choung got to the spot so quickly; early theories are suggesting teleportation. Anyway... everyone stay tuned for the other 20 Designates! Now that you know what you're expecting, be ready!

Make sure to follow DroidLanding on Twitter, and read up on the rules and instructions before attempting to join in the fray!

35mky9s.jpg

And here's the happy Francis Choung, in all his glory:
choung_droidx[df].jpg

And a Video of Mr. Choung

[video=youtube;OUFr3npV3jY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUFr3npV3jY[/video]

Map provided by Droid-Life
Source Twitter, TwitPic

Last edited:

littlerick

Reaction score
isnt is 30 minutes minues 6 minutes? so wouldnt that be 24 minutes

LOBO_2010

Reaction score
Looks like the #20 will be in at another pier location in Plymouth Mass. Bet it will be somewhere near the Mayflower…LOL

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I HATE contests like this. A guy like myself who doesn't live in a "major metropolitan area" likely has no chance of scoring a free Droid X. The closest one to me is probably 4 hours away. And I live near the Capital of my freakin' State, too bad no one treats it like the Capital.

Arcadian

Reaction score
So would you be able to go now to plymouth or will they give an exact location like ny

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Are you serious? They put it near the new skatepark lol, I'm there like everyday, only today i was busy!!

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Damn, I didnt realize people were going to be so johnny on the spot with this.

Oh well, there goes my free phone.

littlerick

Reaction score
droidlanding.JPG

Well that was fast! The DroidLanding Droid X Scavenger Hunt has begun, in speedy fashion, and in NYC nonetheless. Only six minutes after announcing the GPS coordinates of the first giveaway, Droid Designate #4 was found, on Pier 66 in Manhattan. The lucky winner is Francis Choung. Not really sure how Mr. Choung got to the spot so quickly; early theories are suggesting teleportation. Anyway... everyone stay tuned for the other 20 Designates! Now that you know what you're expecting, be ready!

Make sure to follow DroidLanding on Twitter, and read up on the rules and instructions before attempting to join in the fray!

35mky9s.jpg

Map provided by Droid-Life
Source Twitter

i must have read it wrong lol it looks like the top one says 6 minutes ago and the next clue (giving the location) says 30 minutes ago.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i must have read it wrong lol it looks like the top one says 6 minutes ago and the next clue (giving the location) says 30 minutes ago.

i typed it up fast. maybe it wasn't clear. the clue was given at 4:29, and the phone was found at 4:35. they only announced it a half hour later, while everyone was still scrambling to find it.

Last edited:

Fault

Reaction score
I'm gonna be visiting chicago with my cousin, we re gonna have to go hunting

Sent from my 'Simply Stunning' Droid using Tapatalk