Droid X rooted code corrupt bootloader

muais79

Reaction score
I was in the process of putting gingerbread onto my phone, when I realized i had installed the zip file for the droid2 not the x. I was in the reboot recovery so I selected the factory reset/wipe option. Right after that I selected reboot. From that moment on my phone was stuck in bootloader. I would not turn on, or off. it was saying 30.04 battery ok. so i then tried to flash my phone using rsd lite and sbf. On my computer, it said it was complete and i was following the instructions on the youtube video. The flashing my phone fails and now my phone says sw update in process. Can somebody tell me what I can do to fix my phone if anything at all. If you need more information, I'd be happy to give more. I am not familiar with any of these processes or any terminology, but all I wanted to do was root my phone, which i did, then put gingerbread on it, which pretty much killed my phone.

OP
M

muais79

Reaction score
now my screen is blank and the green light on the top is on. Is this bricked?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no its not bricked flash the sbf for the droid x

here is a video

[video=youtube;c58XaWnr6XE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c58XaWnr6XE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

OP
M

muais79

Reaction score
now my screen says cannot program battery low. Its not showing up in rsd light anymore.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
now my screen says cannot program battery low. Its not showing up in rsd light anymore.

You need a battery with enough of a charge to sbf

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It could be a driver issue. What rsdlite did you use? You need the full 2.3.34 sbf

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Recharge overnight to be absolutely sure, and get the rsdlite version to us please ...

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well find a way to charge it first. It wont charge in bootloader. You'll need a new one or take it to a vzw store and see if they'll charge it.

DyMiC

Reaction score
This same exact thing JUST happened to me.

It took me downloading a few different SBFs before I found one that wasn't broken or corrupt. Just keep trying. Flashing it in RSDLite is the Easiest Thing Ever once you find a GOOD SBF.

Some hints:

Search for "Droid X Full .340 SBF" on Google.
Be patient. The downloads take about 20-60 minutes depending on servers, and the flashing process can take about 10 minutes.
The first time you boot up your phone, it's going to be just like the first time you took it out of the box. It's going to take up to 10 minutes for the phone to boot up. Again, be patient.
Do Not, For Any Reason, At Any Time During Flashing, PULL THE BATTERY. THIS WILL MESS YOUR PHONE UP ROYALLY.

But yeah... you'll get it. It's a trial and error process. And that's one of the things we sign up for when we get involved with the Mod/Dev Community.

OP
M

muais79

Reaction score
fixed it, kinda, but thanks guys.

So it took me a while, but I finally got my phone working. It also took me a while to find a .sbf file that was not corrupt, but that was the key. It took me 5 hours to find a good one, kept testing all of the newest ones, then I realized I didn't have the latest rsd lite. Anyway, I got my phone to turn back on, but I did royally screw it up. My phone won't charge, it has a question mark where the battery is. Fortunately for me, I'm still under warranty. I took it in, they couldn't figure out what was wrong. They tried replacing the battery, but it was the phone that had the problem. So I'm getting a new one in the mail in the next couple of days. Thanks guys for all the help and I say to whoever may have any kind of droid issues, these are the guys to ask. Can't wait to get my new dx and try all this over again. cheers

OP
M

muais79

Reaction score
This same exact thing JUST happened to me.

It took me downloading a few different SBFs before I found one that wasn't broken or corrupt. Just keep trying. Flashing it in RSDLite is the Easiest Thing Ever once you find a GOOD SBF.

Some hints:

Search for "Droid X Full .340 SBF" on Google.
Be patient. The downloads take about 20-60 minutes depending on servers, and the flashing process can take about 10 minutes.
The first time you boot up your phone, it's going to be just like the first time you took it out of the box. It's going to take up to 10 minutes for the phone to boot up. Again, be patient.
Do Not, For Any Reason, At Any Time During Flashing, PULL THE BATTERY. THIS WILL MESS YOUR PHONE UP ROYALLY.

But yeah... you'll get it. It's a trial and error process. And that's one of the things we sign up for when we get involved with the Mod/Dev Community.

That's exactly how I did it too. Thought I had the wrong .sbf because it took so long to download, but it all worked out in the end. Thanks for the help.

faulker

Reaction score
Help

Have you guys every found a fix? I have done the same thing to my droid X. I tried to RSD to the stock sbf and it alwsy fails at 97 percent. Tried 5 sbf, same result. tried 64 bit and 32 bit operating systems, but still no luck I have tried to redownload the USB drivers and reboot, but still no luck. I have tried trhee versions of RSD lite. currently trying 5.3.1 but the same issue. I have tricked the phone into thinking the battery has a full charge by providing power to the terminals on the phone and keepng the battery plugged in. Now it says

" Bootloader

Code Corrupt

Battery OK
Ok to Program
Transfer Mode: USB"

the phone will only boot to the boot loader no matter what i do or what buttons i hold. the sbf never completes. the latest error message i get is "errorPersonally i thing the boot loader is done, but i do not know how to install another. any help would ....help :) Thanks!