Droid X Random Reboots and Battery Problems

Skelly022782

Reaction score
Hi DF members.

I was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on semi-recent problems I been having with my phone.

A couple of months ago, I purchases the extended battery from VZW and my battery life was phenomenal. I was getting a full day (7am - Midnight) of use and sometimes I would even still be in the green when I plugged up again.

The battery life now is not very good and I'm trying to figure out why. I unplugged this morning at about 8:15am and by 2:00pm I was down to 30%. Also, not sure if this is related but I have been getting random reboots of my phone which never happend before. I'm not using any task killers...I do have some applications that sync up such as the weather for beautiful widgets and I am using the facebook app but I never had these problems before. Does anyone know where I should start? Should I try a factory reset?

WeedR

Reaction score
Did you install any apps. Etween when you got your extended battery to now when your getting bad battery life? Maybe you have a corrupt app that's using more memory and that may cause your bad battery life and reboots

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
S

Skelly022782

Reaction score
I would say a few of them. I went through today while I was at work and uninstalled a ton of them. Is there anyway I can determine which app is causing the problems?

What if I uninstalled every application I have downloaded?

WeedR

Reaction score
I don't think there is anyway of knowing exactly what app is causing it. Just trial and error really.

cpjr

Reaction score
If it was me....I would clear all data and cache and start with a clean slate.

WeedR

Reaction score
Yeah that would be sure that the app that is causing it is gone.

WeedR

Reaction score
Boot into recovery by holding home and power button. Hold until android guy and exclamation point comes up. Then press search button and scroll down to clear data/cache with the volume down button and press the camera button to enter.