Droid X Prepaid?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I had my samsung omnia i910 and droid 2 both on page plus cellular for over a year without having it on a data plan with verizon, I've heard of the one year rule, but I thought that applied to prepaid phones that were purchased with the prepaid plan, so you couldn't just buy a cheap prepaid phone ang month to month with a verizon plan vs prepaid verizon plan, either way its worth exploring since it doesn't cost anything to find out
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
Thats great...but, thats not what the OP was asking for. In giving out these convoluted posts, all you wind up doing is muddying the waters. The OP asked a simple question about a Droid X and VZW Pre Paid account. He did not ask for alternate methods, alternate companies or any other ways of doing what he wanted.

Don't get any fee just passing along a good svc
Good luck
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
Well, thanks for the heads up..in case someone else may need it down the road...

Never really thought of it... Thanks though. I suppose I'll just have to have more common sense. Also, thanks for being the first to actually answer my question. :blackdroid:
No problem. Wished I had a better answer. I would assume you could use the DX, but they will want to throw on some sort of Data/Internet plan since it is a smartphone...but the only way to know for sure is to call and ask. You "might" be able to get the phone activated without disclosing what the phone is, but I would be skeptical...good luck either way.

BTW, please post back with whatever results you get...I would be willing to drop my 5 line contract if I can save some cash by going pre-paid and still get to keep my DX...:)

csimo

Reaction score
No you can't activate a Droid X on Verizon prepaid.