Droid X or Incredible?

B

budmonster

Upgrade is here. Should I get the Droid X or Incredible? Pros & Cons?

Also, what is the best way to do upgrades? Through Verizon or a like a Walmart or Best Buy where phones seems to be cheaper?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me personally the pro of the Incredible was its size.
For me the con of the X was its size
I honestly don't think you'll go wrong on either
If you get your phone from a non corporate store just read the fine print to make sure you are not getting the phone cheaper because of something that could end up costing you more if you make changes to your plan.

Support our troops!
slidered from a wifi monolith

wmedina1991

Reaction score
The DX has some great specs and wonderful screen real estate. Only cons i see are of course the eFuse, which prevents custom kernels from being installed. But overclocking and custom roms have been achieved for it.

The incredible while smaller has similar cpu and less RAM. It doesnt come with the same amount of memory as the DX. But its also completely customizable and also comes with sense on it which makes it a very user friendly experience. The screen while is smaller is better quality.

And lets not forget you dont have to contend with motorola's blur skin.

OP
B

budmonster

i love htc phones but the X just seems badass, but maybe the X is just overrated?

musicman

Reaction score
I love my DX but the incredible looks nice. I just don't think I could go back to a smaller screen.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

budmonster

Are there any other BOGO offers at VZW right now besides "BUY ONE, GET a LG Ally for FREE"?

chaz.ring

Reaction score
I got the incredible first... then I "thought" I was upgrading to the X when I got it. I swiftly took my incredible back from my wife, and she now has the X. I'm happy to have it back, I like its "pocketability" and she is happy to have a "purse-able" phone w/big screen... she also does not care about stuff like locked boot loaders too. so win, win.

Everyone likes what suits their individual needs... asking us, is like asking what our favorite color is. :)

psychicdroid

Reaction score
I will give you my experience with the Incredible. I bought my kids each one so I have 3 of them. We activated them last wednesday. On friday 2 of the kids and I went on a 2 hour bus ride for a playoff football game. My D1 battery lasted the entire ride up and back with battery to spare. The 2 incredibles, not used as much as my D1, were dead by the time we got there. My D1 had been on all day being used, both Inc were off until we got on the bus. The other issue we have with the Inc, they only get 2 bars of service no matter where we are. My D1 has 4 bars most of the time. Especially in the house. As a result the calls have a lot of static in them. They like the phones, but between poor service and no battery life, they aren't very functional.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
I will give you my experience with the Incredible. I bought my kids each one so I have 3 of them. We activated them last wednesday. On friday 2 of the kids and I went on a 2 hour bus ride for a playoff football game. My D1 battery lasted the entire ride up and back with battery to spare. The 2 incredibles, not used as much as my D1, were dead by the time we got there. My D1 had been on all day being used, both Inc were off until we got on the bus. The other issue we have with the Inc, they only get 2 bars of service no matter where we are. My D1 has 4 bars most of the time. Especially in the house. As a result the calls have a lot of static in them. They like the phones, but between poor service and no battery life, they aren't very functional.

Yes the battery life sucks... the reception crap is a hoax though. If your indeed having bad reception, then update your prls. If that don't work then replace the phone's.

psychicdroid

Reaction score

Yes the battery life sucks... the reception crap is a hoax though. If your indeed having bad reception, then update your prls. If that don't work then replace the phone's.

Reception is not a hoax. First thing I did when I saw the bad reception was *228. The PRL did not change. I called Verizon yesterday, they had me do *22899 and again the PRL stayed the same. Here in the house my D1 has 4 bars and 3g service. The Inc switches between 0 bars and 2 bars, with 1 bar being the norm. I am in the process of working with Verizon to determine if the reception is my area (not likely) and the phone. Once they find out it's the phone I can then return them without having to pay the $35 restocking fee. I will then be getting them the DX.

Florida

Reaction score
I'm also looking at the X. I like the bigger screen size. I'm curious, do you have to root the phone in order to change the back ground, and is it possible to install the weather/clock that you see on HTC devices? I was trying to hold out for the Incredible HD or whatever it is now called but I'm growing very impatient. I currently have the original Storm. Since I live in a small market I don't see 4g coming anytime soon. I really don't want to have to wait until Feb. or March of next year for the release of the HD.

leonozug

Reaction score
Definitely get an X. It's newer, faster, and the Incredible's screen kills the battery really fast. Plus that big screen is just plain awesome on the X. Put launcher pro on it and Jack up the speed settings, then add the Spare Parts app and put the animation settings to fast and the X is blazing fast after that.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Florida

Reaction score
Definitely get an X. It's newer, faster, and the Incredible's screen kills the battery really fast. Plus that big screen is just plain awesome on the X. Put launcher pro on it and Jack up the speed settings, then add the Spare Parts app and put the animation settings to fast and the X is blazing fast after that.

As I asked in the previous post, do you have to root the phone to do these different things?

leonozug

Reaction score
Not at all. You can download launcher pro and spare parts for free off the market. Makes any Droid so much better. I did this to a friends X and he was blown away at how much faster it was. Rooting is mainly for custom roms and themes really.