Buying a Verizon Droid off Amazon - Problems

mpf189

Reaction score
I'm going to buy a Droid phone from Amazon since it's cheaper, but I don't have an upgrade available so I am using my dad's instead. The problem is Amazon doesn't have the option to transfer upgrades. If I buy the droid using my dad's number, will I be able to call and activate my number instead when the phone arrives and not affect my dad's phone?

Oh, and I'm having trouble deciding between the Droid X or Droid Incredible..any opinions? Thanks!

CxUNG

Reaction score
I say get the X because iread/heard they might discontinue the Dinc.

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

OP
M

mpf189

Reaction score

Really? They'd still do updates for it, right?

I tested the Droid x vs incredible in store, and I found the colors on the Droid X to seem a little more washed out, but the large screen was great for browing/sample movie when I tested it out.

The major decider might be the battery though, I've read that the battery life on the Incredible is terrible but is pretty solid on the Droid X..

Still wondering about the Amazon situation first though.

Oh, also the Incredible is $70 cheaper so that also factors in.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Really? They'd still do updates for it, right?

I tested the Droid x vs incredible in store, and I found the colors on the Droid X to seem a little more washed out, but the large screen was great for browing/sample movie when I tested it out.

The major decider might be the battery though, I've read that the battery life on the Incredible is terrible but is pretty solid on the Droid X..

Still wondering about the Amazon situation first though.

Oh, also the Incredible is $70 cheaper so that also factors in.

If I were you I'd actually email Amazon and ask that question. I never heard of anyone transferring upgrades through a 3rd party. I'm assuming your original family plan is through Verizon and my guess would be that it would only apply to Verizon.

Battery life on the Incredible is pretty bad, especially if you plan to use it alot. I managed to break some bad habits (checking my phone every 5 minutes) and managed to have about 60% by the end of the day. If you browse alot or want to watch movies, i'd say you're better off with the X.

Phone for phone, I'd think the X fits your needs the best. I love the screen on my Incredible, but in your situation I would go with the X.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't need to transfer the upgrade. You just need to activate the device on the proper line. Amazon won't be of any help though you might want to verify that activating on a different line won't violate their fine print terms (always check with any reseller).

warrior21

Reaction score
When the phone comes in can't you just activate it on your dads line to start and then you can calll Verizon and change it after? I have swapped phones around on my account more than once.

Last edited: