Droid X or Incredible?

OP
B

budmonster

are their any problems in rooting the droid x? i like to overclock and theme, get the most out of my phone.

claret

Reaction score
You can get a droidx at Walmart later this week for $49.00($149.00 & a $100.00 gift certficate). I'm going to upgrade from incredible- want that big screen.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Detonation

Reaction score
You can get a droidx at Walmart later this week for $49.00($149.00 & a $100.00 gift certficate). I'm going to upgrade from incredible- want that big screen.

+ 2 year contract

medwa

Reaction score

How does this work? The phone comes ready to use for that price? What if you are already in contract with Verizon?

Posted from my Droid Incredible

OP
B

budmonster

I'm currently on the T&T Family SP 700 minutes and I saw that $139 promotion deal, I called and they gave it to me, no questions asked. I currently have the the Droid 1 and my girlfriend has an old LG phone. We weren't due for phone upgrades until December and January, but the rep gave us the 2yr contract price for new phones, I told her I couldn't order anything until around 6PM, she said no problem and gave me a call back tonight to order the phones and finalize everything.

She must be getting one hell of a bonus for selling me this stuff or she must just be a really nice rep, lol.

btw, are the any problems rooting the X?

OP
B

budmonster

How does this work? The phone comes ready to use for that price? What if you are already in contract with Verizon?

Posted from my Droid Incredible

yea im curious too on how these walmart/best buy upgrades work? i called vzw today and the rep let me upgrade our phones 2 months early, would walmart, best buy do that?

bcals0087

Reaction score
I'm currently on the T&T Family SP 700 minutes and I saw that $139 promotion deal, I called and they gave it to me, no questions asked. I currently have the the Droid 1 and my girlfriend has an old LG phone. We weren't due for phone upgrades until December and January, but the rep gave us the 2yr contract price for new phones, I told her I couldn't order anything until around 6PM, she said no problem and gave me a call back tonight to order the phones and finalize everything.

She must be getting one hell of a bonus for selling me this stuff or she must just be a really nice rep, lol.

btw, are the any problems rooting the X?

No there aren't any problems at all. I believe they have the one click root app available now. Either way it is very simple, there is plenty of help here if you need any, and plenty of things you can do with your phone to keep occupied.

OP
B

budmonster

is the htc merge any better then the droid x. its suppose to be coming out soon. dont know how the specs meet up against one another?

zenman77

Reaction score
After having a great experience with the Droid 1, I decided to pick up an X and I have to say that I love the larger screen and I'm glad that I chose this over the incredible. It really depends on what your personal ideas are of what you want in a phone.

mcgriff

Reaction score
I agonized over this decision and I went with the Incredible. A big factor was the Inc was free since my wife wanted the D2. When it came right down to it, we saved $250 going with the D2/Inc over the D2/DX. I fail to see hundreds of dollars of upgrade in the X. The feature set is nearly identical in each phone. Trust me, I would have dropped the extra cash on the X if I thought I was getting equal value for the money.

I absolutely LOVE the Inc so far. The battery life does blow with the stock battery. Get an extended battery. The screen on the Inc is not as large, but it is plenty large enough to do anything you want to do.

OP
B

budmonster

I'm pretty much getting this phone for free. I sold my original Droid for $170, so the X is only going to cost $30. I just picked the X over the Incredible, just seems like the X has more to offer, It'll be here on Friday. And the girlfriend gets a free LG Ally, which doesn't seem to be a bad phone for a new smartphone user. I love HTC, though, alot, but the Incredible doesn't have a keyboard, so the X wins for me. I think the HTC MERGE is coming out this week, which has the keyboard. I think the MERGE and the X will be big sellers over the holidays.

Does anyone know when the HTC Merge will hit VZW stores? Also, are new phones that we upgraded to should arrive in the mail this Friday, can we still return them within 30 days, in case I would like to get something else?