Droid X or HTC Incredible

gary.benjam

Reaction score
Been waiting FOREVER for the Incredible so am thinking of switching to the hopefully available DroidX so thought I would get some feedback on that decision. Thanks!
Gary

Reaction score
Been waiting FOREVER for the Incredible so am thinking of switching to the hopefully available DroidX so thought I would get some feedback on that decision. Thanks!
Gary

It depends on what you are looking for.

If you want style, go Incredible..
But if you want hardcore processing power and blazing media, go X.

The processor speed is NOT the same between the two.
The Inc uses a 1ghz Snapdragon 8650 by Qualcomm. This is clocked with an AMD Z430 embedded in the core.
The Droid X uses a Texas Instruments ARM-8 Architecture OMAP 3630-1000 processor clocked at 1ghz, PLUS a PowerVR SGX530 GPU (530mHz) PLUS A 430MHz C64x+ DSP and a Image Signal Processor.

The Snapdragon is a powerful processor yes, but in comparison to the OMAP it pales, as the OMAP has a dedicated GPU, an additional DSP and ISP.

So if you want the best of both worlds, I highly recommend the X

Hope this helped :)

hendrix

Reaction score
What kind of style are you seeing in the Inc? I personally think the X has all kinds of style.

OP
G

gary.benjam

Reaction score
DroidX or HTC Incredible

Thanks so much for the insight - I am going to move ahead with the X...great forum and once again thank you!

Mark_Venture

Reaction score
My X arrived this morning.

I'm missing some of the niceties of Sense. (the message app, the people app), the size...

and I'm disappointed that the X doesn't feel faster than the INC.

The screen is nice. The size is a little bigger than i'd like to put in my pocket, but it feels good in my hands and is easy to type on.

I might switch back to the INC.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Please use the search tool, there are some threads on this issue with a lot of good info. I'm sure they will be informative.