Droid X or Droid 2?

Tomaster

Reaction score
I've got the Moto Droid, and I'm able to upgrade soon. I was wondering, which of the two phones is the best. Thanks.

DAONE

Reaction score
Stop with these annoying question. read up on them and see for yourself.. please close thread now!

Beardface

Reaction score
I've got the Moto Droid, and I'm able to upgrade soon. I was wondering, which of the two phones is the best. Thanks.
Use the physical keyboard a lot? if so, stick with the Moto Droid 2. If not, take a serious look at the X.

Personally, if I could upgrade right now, I'd go with the X. Unfortunately, I'm not eligible for the early upgrade until February or March, so I'm just going to stick with the Droid for a while. Funny, I got that one because of the keyboard, but after installing Swype, I never use it anymore.

OP
T

Tomaster

Reaction score
Stop with these annoying question. read up on them and see for yourself.. please close thread now!
Well, you're an annoying douchebag. I'd already read up on them, but I was looking for a separate person's opinion. Thanks Beardface.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
I think I would go with the Droid X, just cause its diff. The droid 2 looks too much like the original with a better keyboard and a few more extras

wingsabr

Reaction score
I think I would go with the Droid X, just cause its diff. The droid 2 looks too much like the original with a better keyboard and a few more extras
agree. I just don't see the droid 2 being much different than a rooted droid 1 and I'd have to go with the big screen.

iPirate

Reaction score
The phone you don't have, is the better one.

713King

Reaction score
Someone ban DAONE please, these type of people make droidforums look bad. Anyways I would go for X since the droid 2 is a slight upgrade from the first. I chose the X as my upgrade and it's on it's way.

solution

Reaction score
Well, you're an annoying douchebag. I'd already read up on them, but I was looking for a separate person's opinion. Thanks Beardface.

Nowhere in your original post does it state that you have already done your research and nowhere in your original post does it state that you are looking for other people's opinion on the subject.
Please be more clear in what you are asking from the community and you will avoid getting those kinds of responses.

Rock on.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Well before today I would of easily choose the X. A friend of mine just got the X, and I finally got to hold one in my hands, all I can say is "Big", and looking at it side by side with an iphone and my Droid 1, all I can say is "Enormous". If you like the small size of the Droid 1, than I would go with the D2, if you want bigger the X is defiantly bigger. And a little too big for my liking.

Other than that, it seemed ok, I wasn't in awe at all, I would even still prefer my D1 over it.

WebmastuhB

Reaction score
ReFuse the eFuse

Honestly? I'm not sure I'd go with either since I found out they both use eFuse technology to prevent you from making changes to the ROM.

Motorola Is Willing To Break the Phone They Just Sold You

Now, granted, subsequent stuff I have read says it won't brick the phone, it will only cause it to go into recovery mode which will allow you to reinstall the ROM the way Motorola says it should be.

I currently have a Droid. It is NOT rooted and I have not modified the the phone (other than install stuff from the marketplace).

But to me its the principle of the thing that has me upset. Moto makes hardware. Why should they care what the buyer does with it? Its MY phone. I PAID for it. Being told what I am allowed and not allowed to do with my hardware that I own irks me.

Its just another example of "Little Dictators" trying to control.

This also is a dangerous slide. Tolerating this sort of behavior only ensures that it will happen again.

I love my Droid, but its unlikely I will buy a Motorola product with eFuse in it.

So... Back to HTC?

A

assmunke

Personally the specs aren't impressive enough or enough of an upgrade from my 1gz Droid. I'm waiting for the rumored 2ghz androids that will hopefully drop in about a year when my 2 yr upgrade is available

nuttz565

Reaction score
Wait for the Droid pro that comes out in November. Stock 1.3ghz:)