Droid X: Now Running Android 2.2 Froyo, Claim Reports

2xhighpsi

Reaction score
"...the major update will contain many bug fixed and the update of the Android Froyo 2.2 will help all Android systems Such as Google Android, Motorola Droid etc! It will help 3G connectivity, Wi-Fi and a 5-inch screen. The major update has Google Maps, social media apps, a 5-megapixel camera and 2GB of internal storage, expandable to 32GB."

wtf? lol copy and paste mix up, much? lol

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
"...the major update will contain many bug fixed and the update of the Android Froyo 2.2 will help all Android systems Such as Google Android, Motorola Droid etc! It will help 3G connectivity, Wi-Fi and a 5-inch screen. The major update has Google Maps, social media apps, a 5-megapixel camera and 2GB of internal storage, expandable to 32GB."

wtf? lol copy and paste mix up, much? lol

Lol I thought I was the only person who noticed that :biggrin:

xbenzerox

Reaction score
Is that even english? That whole article reads like one of those junk websites full of ads. And like english is the second language.

Rishi P

Reaction score
what's the official word on this....was at the VZW store last night and teh guy said it should be out in 2 weeks but i never trust those guys as again he told me to get ATK to help the battery

avt123

Reaction score
Running 2.2 right now. I'm only getting 14.2 MFLOPS and 1390 on quadrant (only 100 higher than 2.1). I'm kind disappointed.

rothnic

Reaction score
Running 2.2 right now. I'm only getting 14.2 MFLOPS and 1390 on quadrant (only 100 higher than 2.1). I'm kind disappointed.

Mine is all over the place...first start up i get 1250ish, then the next time i've gotten up to 1500. Some people claim to get closer to 1600, so some tweaking may need to be done.

avt123

Reaction score

Mine is all over the place...first start up i get 1250ish, then the next time i've gotten up to 1500. Some people claim to get closer to 1600, so some tweaking may need to be done.

Interesting... I just started removing some bloatware and now I got 1493. Why such a low Linpack score though? Aren't most other high end 2.2 devices getting in the high 20s and 30s? Did we not get JIT or something?

rothnic

Reaction score

Interesting... I just started removing some bloatware and now I got 1493. Why such a low Linpack score though? Aren't most other high end 2.2 devices getting in the high 20s and 30s? Did we not get JIT or something?

You can browse by device and see the droid 2 gets about the same, besides the top entry. The nexus one has some crazy high entries. It looks like all the ones with custom kernels are the high numbers.

avt123

Reaction score

You can browse by device and see the droid 2 gets about the same, besides the top entry. The nexus one has some crazy high entries. It looks like all the ones with custom kernels are the high numbers.

Well I know from watching videos stock EVOs and N1s are scoring 20s-30s without custom kernels... I don't understand why we aren't as well. It's about the same as my OCed Droid.