Droid X newbie with two questions

Animaniac

Reaction score
1. Organizing music...for a Mac user like me this is becoming a nightmare. Protected music won't go on and unprotected music is listed by album alphabetically instead of by track number.
2. I linked to my Facebook and Twitter accounts but now all of my Facebook/Twitter people are in my address book! Didn't mean to do that so how do I get all those off?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
How music appears on the X is most of the time a format type...if songs are in MP3 format, songs in album will show in track order - however, if they are listed alphabetically, you can still long press on a song and select play and they will play in order (or they did)...

To remove your Facebook / Twitter accounts, you would need to delete the "stock" accounts and then download 3rd party apps from the Market - such as Facebook for Android and any twitter app (Touiteur)...

OP
A

Animaniac

Reaction score
How music appears on the X is most of the time a format type...if songs are in MP3 format, songs in album will show in track order - however, if they are listed alphabetically, you can still long press on a song and select play and they will play in order (or they did)...

To remove your Facebook / Twitter accounts, you would need to delete the "stock" accounts and then download 3rd party apps from the Market - such as Facebook for Android and any twitter app (Touiteur)...

Deleted the stock accounts from the account settings but the people are still there in the address book.

As for the music thing, most of it is in ACC form (from Itunes) and thus, some of it is also protected and I can't get it on :angry:

djwill13

Reaction score

Deleted the stock accounts from the account settings but the people are still there in the address book.

As for the music thing, most of it is in ACC form (from Itunes) and thus, some of it is also protected and I can't get it on :angry:
Forgive me for sounding stupid here as I do not have a phone at the present moment, but isn't there a way to sync the X to iTunes?

I've been doing a lot of research in preparation for buying a new phone, and I seem to have run across the X being capable of being synced with iTunes...

BodyBagz

Reaction score

Forgive me for sounding stupid here as I do not have a phone at the present moment, but isn't there a way to sync the X to iTunes?

I've been doing a lot of research in preparation for buying a new phone, and I seem to have run across the X being capable of being synced with iTunes...

Out of the box, there is no direct syncing to iTunes for the Droid X. Now, there are some 3rd party apps that claim to do the job, but personally I have not tried any of them because I see no need to try and mesh Android and Apple together...see below.

1) How to sync the Motorola DROID X with iTunes using iTunes Agent

2) How to wirelessly sync your Motorola DROID X with iTunes via TuneSync

3) Sync iTunes with your Motorola Droid X using Double Twist

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score

I was reading up on the protected music issue, you can go to iTunes and for something like $0.30 each you can convert the protected songs to the correct files to be able to download. I converted the 7 songs or so that I had that were protected, but haven't downloaded all my music yet....

hockeydave55

Reaction score
I'm a mac user and use DoubleTwist. It works except for the protected music. You need to pay more for those. Double Twist does not put them in the order you want either. Otherwise it works great.

OP
A

Animaniac

Reaction score
Yeah, with Double twist and the cube player I think I've solved the protected music problem...

But now all of a sudden it won't connect to the computer for storage. Was just working not even an hour ago but suddenly nothing is showing up despite the USB connection option being selected. Help!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Yeah, with Double twist and the cube player I think I've solved the protected music problem...

But now all of a sudden it won't connect to the computer for storage. Was just working not even an hour ago but suddenly nothing is showing up despite the USB connection option being selected. Help!

Make sure when you are connected via USB that you have the phone set in the correct USB mode.
1) Connect the phone via USB to the PC
2) Pull down the Notification Bar after connection is made and SD Card is "Mounted".
3) Tap the USB area in the dropdown to activate the USB Mode dialog
4) Choose any 1 of the 4 modes: PC Mode, Windows Media Sync, USB Mass Storage, Charge Only
5) Try all but Charge Only to see which ones actually work for syncing