Droid X New user, need help. Please...

rosem119

Reaction score
Sorry. That was my only idea.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

JRobzilla

Reaction score
A desperate attempt but have you tried toggling on airplane mode to universally cut all networking features?

Again, a desperate attempt but maybe it can jog something.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CD95YJ

Reaction score
It could have been an issue with the update. I would take it into Verizon and have them flash the current sbf to see if reinstalling the update cures your problem. Some times if the update doesn't download properly it can cause problems. If you have rooted your phone make sure to unroot and delete any root apps you put on your phone as it voids your warranty.

Vzw should be able to get you up and running w/o a referb phone.

OP
Treschic82

Treschic82

Reaction score
It could have been an issue with the update. I would take it into Verizon and have them flash the current sbf to see if reinstalling the update cures your problem. Some times if the update doesn't download properly it can cause problems. If you have rooted your phone make sure to unroot and delete any root apps you put on your phone as it voids your warranty.

Vzw should be able to get you up and running w/o a referb phone.

Ok, at the risk of looking like an idiot, someone please explain what rooting the phone means? I'm a tech infant.
I really am convinced it was the update, otherwise it would have worked just as before, considering I didn't do anything else between the time it worked and didn't work.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Rooting the phone allows you to do virtually anything to the phone... including installing diff roms and other apps. (Roms are your system files and commands that make your phone do everything.

I would say if u rooted, installed rom manager flashed clockwork wiped ur phone and even installed a basic new rom it could fix that issue cuz it would be reinstalling the wifi drivers. If u would like direct help feel free to pm me

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<

CD95YJ

Reaction score
But rooting and installing roms may not fix the issue if she returns to a backup she makes of her stock settings, on top of that if she roots and doesn't know how to remove root fully now she has a phone with no wifi if the issue isnt fixed that vzw wont touch cuz the warranty is void.

Get the phone working right first on stock then think about rooting.

rosem119

Reaction score
Treschic82, please let us know the resolution to your wifi connection problem. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Treschic82

Treschic82

Reaction score
My husband called customer service last night (not tech support) and they said they are going to send a new phone since we are still within our 30 day initial trial. VZW rep said tech support should have honored that. Glad my husband called back. Now, let's hope the new one doesn't go crazy after it updates.

I genuinely appreciate all of you making suggestions to help me out.