Droid X Market Issue?

dez

Reaction score
Everytime I try to download an app it always downloads but when it goes to install it always says installation unsuccessful? I tried uninstalling the update for the market and that still doesn't work. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
He means in your apps. Settings/applications/manage applications/all applications/Market. Clear data and cache.

fatpomp

Reaction score
Yep what hookbill said. Sorry I forgot to mention that. Thanks hookbill ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

dez

Reaction score
Ive already done all that also, still won't work >.>

Droid_Junky

Reaction score
Are you getting a pop-up that says, "Installation error, unknown reason - 18" I get it when I tap the installation unsuccessful error.

I've seen this on several apps in the last few days. Clearing data/cache didn't make a difference. I also get the error when updating some apps. Rocket bunnies will not update. tried downloading Glow Hockey. It seems to be random at this point. Most are updating correctly and I have installed others just fine.

bergenchad

Reaction score
unmount card and install apps to phone and you might want to format card. my phone did the same thing.

OP
D

dez

Reaction score
@ Droid_Junkie, Yes it says the exact same thing for mine but it does it with literally every app, I'll click on random ones just to see if it will download and nope nothing, none of my apps will update either, except for youtube, thats the only one I got to actually update, it seemed last time when I uninstalled the update for the new market and went back to the old one it worked just fine and would download any app, now I dont know whats up. I did try unmounting the SD Card and all that and still that wont work either >.> Im not sure how to format the SD Card though?

bergenchad

Reaction score
go into setting unmount card after a few min should say format card. If you format card it will erase everything make sure save all important stuff or if have a spare sd card just try that that might easier then erasing the card