Droid X Issues. 2 days of use.

NYChaos

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I received my Droid X 2 days ago. This is my first droid phone (switching from Iphone).

In the past few days I've noticed the following issues.

1. Screen Freeze

In two days of phone use my screen stopped responding 3-4 times so far. Hardware buttons work, but the touchscreen doesn't respond. Can be fixed with a reset or by turning off the screen.

2. No 3G/2G Switch

Why... OH WHY??!!! Would Verizon and Motorola remove "Disable 3G" option from their menu.
I always like to disable 3G to conserve battery life during phone calls. I usually turn 3G on when I need to browse the internet.

There is a workaround though for people who need to use that function. TYPE *#*#INFO#*# in phone dialer, and you will get to additional hidden phone settings

3. Speaker/Alarm/Headphones Volume level.

Neither Phone ringer volume nor speakerphone volume (nor headphones output levels) are satisfactory. Its not overly quite, but not loud by any means. I cant see myself waking up to an alarm set on this unit. Iphone alarm can wake a dead man up!

4. Screen Scrolling.

Another weird thing I noticed is lack of smooth screen scrolling. I am talking about friction between your fingers and the gorilla glass screen. Sorry for comparing this to an iphone again (wish I had EVO to try out), but on the Iphone i have never experienced that issue.

Except for that (and fugly design), the phone is sweet. I hope that replacement unit will make all above mentioned issues go away. :) Otherwise I will have to test new Evo out, even though I would hate to give Sprint 10 dollars a month just to own Evo 4G.

Will get back to you as soon as I get my replacement, and let you know if the issues still persist.