Droid X is reverting to November 5th (again.. and again...)

guru.squishy

Reaction score
So My girlfriend bought a Droid X about two months ago. honestly I was a little jealous when placing it next to my teeny tiny droid inc.. But anywho, I rooted it, put some goodies on there and such…. And it worked perfectly until November 5th. This is what she explains happened on that day:
She was using navigation almost all day, then when she left the car, she left the phone in navigation for a few hours and then came back. When she turned on the phone again it went to a black background with a lot of text on the screen (like you would see in clockwork or any terminal emulator). Of course she didn’t read it but just pressed the home button and it went to her home screen. So I guess it didn’t go into recovery or anything, probably just crashed?? Maybe??

So now for the problems. It freezes all the time! Like one or twice a day. Every once in a while, it reverts back to November 5th. So all the data created since then seems to be deleted. Any texts, photos, call history, any new contacts, even the background reverts. So basically its kinda like you made a backup and you just reload it a lot.

I’ve never used the backup or clockwork on her phone and she doesn’t know how to use it so it isn’t that. And I’ve tried just about anything related to the random text deletions out there and related problems but nothing seems to come close. I’ve been trying to do a factory reset but that doesn’t work. My guess is its because of the root, so I’ve been trying to unroot. Every time I try to do that, or any fix for that matter, it reverts back to Nov 5th and all my advances are undone.

Someone please point me in the right direction. This is driving me crazy, I can usually figure this stuff out but this is just weird.

Djay

Reaction score
its probly a corrupted file on the SD thats saved. try leaving the SD card out for a day or 2 and see if it still goes back to saying NOV 5

OP
G

guru.squishy

Reaction score
Ok ill try that. But its a good idea.

I forgot to mention that the phone won't allow anything to download from the web...

I'll keep you updated on what happens but if anyone else has any good I'dea Im still open. thanks

Shawn1973

Reaction score
That is funny because I am having a similar issue. Certain snails that come to me have a date on them that reads dec 31 1969! This is driving me crazy. I will try your suggestion.....hopefully it works!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App