Droid X Info

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had no idea there were this many replies already (and i have a blackberry!) Maybe if I had an X already I would have known dancedroid Turns out my upgrade is Wednesday (more time to pick the perfect one) I have it narrowed down to the X or the Droid 2. Help me make up my mind please!

I'm able to upgrade in 8 days - also coming from a BB (Storm 1), and I'm planning on the X. Both the X and 2 seem good, but I don't need the slide out keyboard and I prefer the thinner profile of the X - along with the bigger screen.

To both of you. Have you been to verizon to try out both phones? My choice still stands as the X. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

PhoKing76

Reaction score
If you don't need the slide KB get the X. I upgraded from a Eris and I am in love with my phone. Seriously I kissed it. Also you can root it and share your connection with your ipod touch so easy. For your podcast I use Google listen, it has about every podcast on Itunes. If you can't find it you can easily move it move it over via Verizon Media Manager.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

citanes-26

Reaction score
Coming from a droid 1, I don't miss the physical keyboard a bit. Love the big screen. My regular droid looks tiny now. The X is thinner and lighter.

Loydroidx

Reaction score
To both of you. Have you been to verizon to try out both phones? My choice still stands as the X. :)

I've closely looked at the X at the store. I picked up the 2 and found it a bit bulky, and didn't like the slide out KB. I'm 98% certain I'm going for the X.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you don't like the keyboard then stick with the X its a solid device I like mine more everyday. Also like I stated get the body glove hard case. Mine protected my droid during many a fall and bump. I also recommend a silicone gel case if you don't decide to go with the hard case. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
5.9Diesel

5.9Diesel

Reaction score

I've closely looked at the X at the store. I picked up the 2 and found it a bit bulky, and didn't like the slide out KB. I'm 98% certain I'm going for the X.

I have been to Verizon several time. There is only one store around me that has live phones you can play with. As for the the keyboard, I've never liked the idea of a slider phone. (seems kind of girly too me, and I would prefer one solid piece) My buddy has an X and I have been playing with it when I can. As long as I can get something strong like an Otterbox for whatever I choose I'll be fine.

epsilonbass

Reaction score
Yeah I've wanted a Droid X for a while.... there is something pretty sweet about the white droid 2 global, with it's 1.2ghz... I just still wanna wait at least till the end of the month to see if anything pops up.

There was a little bit of speculation about a Dx SE, did anything ever come of that? I tried googling it, but it just came up with a bunch of blog/news articles from the same say showing the same pictures. I like the Dx but I'd like it even better with a 1.2...

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ok...here is what I can tell you as far as durability in a construction environment... I am right now midway through a 4 week Engineer Equipment Operator course for the US Army...as well as my full time job as a heavy equipment mechanic...so far the X has held up great. I just recently put on a Body Glove Rubberized case on it and have had a InvisibleShield screen protector on it since the 2nd week of owning it...so far no demtd or scratches or blemishes.

Video playback is a breeze with the already mentioned RockPlayer...there are other players out there though...play around with a few...

Music isn't quite as intuitive as the iPod, but it is fairly easy to move and sort your tunes accordingly...drag and drop FTW!

The X is a damn fine device IMPO...good luck on your decision...

HarleyDude

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
x all the way..

I have it narrowed down to the X or the Droid 2. Help me make up my mind please!
I had the D2 for two weeks, then used the Vz 30 day return window to change to the dX, had this for 3 weeks, no regrets. X is quicker and snappier, I ended up not using the hardware keyboard at all, and I have more viewing area.
X is my choice of the two

Last edited: