Droid X How To's

B

b16a2smith

How to hard reset your Droid X

Here’s how to “hard” reset your Droid X to Factory conditions:

Goto Setting->Applications->Development and check the “USB debugging” ON.

Install Android SDK – Android SDK | Android Developers

Install ADB drivers for Windows only (no need for mac and linux
Change directory to sdk\tools directory

type “adb reboot recovery”

The Droid X will reboot into recovery mode.

When you see “!” sign, hit power button and “search” button together,
you should now see the recovery menu.

Hit the “wipe data/factory reset” and hit OK.

This will reset the Droid X and allow you to download apps.

Source: DroidX . Net

How to Access Droid X Bootloader

1. Turn phone off.
2. Hold power + Vol Down + Camera
3. Hold for 5 sec
4. Let go. Enjoy.

More How to's to come soon.

juarbed

Reaction score
3g to 1x

Anyone having issues with phone jumping t 3g to 1x?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Anyone having issues with phone jumping t 3g to 1x?
i already have the latest prl. I update it weekly due to travel. Btw * 22899

All the time.

I hear of a lot of people having this issue, and there doesn't seem to be a workaround...

although, you should definitely try to update PRLs by dialing *228.

I update my pro weekly, learned to since my early bb days. *22899 is quick and easy.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I update my pro weekly, learned to since my early bb days. *22899 is quick and easy.

When I activated my X, it said there was an activation error. The phone worked fine, so I didn't think much of it. Eventually I noticed that Cell standby was higher than it should have been. I called *228 again and tried to update PRLs but it returned an error. I called again and did option 1 to activate and it worked without error. I'm not saying this will solve the problem you guys are seeing, but it did help me greatly.

Thanks for the *22899 tip. Someone on this forum has that for a user name and I was wondering what it was.

darthrogue

Reaction score

What do you mean by pro? DO YOU HAVE A BETA DROID PRO??? SHAREEEEEE
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

TheCheeks

Reaction score
How to hard reset your Droid X
Couldn't you skip all of that easily? All you do is power on your phone holding both the power button and the home button. Then press the Search key when you see the '!' I believe it is.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

What do you mean by pro? DO YOU HAVE A BETA DROID PRO??? SHAREEEEEE
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
No I don't. I have a Droid X that auto corrects like a mofo. Pro should be PRL. I update my PRL every week.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
No I don't. I have a Droid X that auto corrects like a mofo. Pro should be PRL. I update my PRL every week.

I can't stand autocorrection! On my X I hate both keyboards. The stock one is too big and ugly and can't seem to turn i to I (or something like that). The swype one is good but I can't figure out how to make it turn doesnt to doesn't (or something like that). Maybe I should have kept trying, but I gave up and bought Better Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Pro.

Bettery Keyboard edges out Smart Keyboard Pro because it knows that id should be I'd and it doesn't prompt for a choice after voice-to-text. Still, looking forward to updates to both.

Hey, I'm on topic!

HOW TO CHOOSE A DIFFERENT KEYBOARD