Droid X from Walmart?

LouS

Reaction score
Is Walmart selling the DX in-store and can I upgrade my phone thru Walmart?

TIA...

Dustin.

Reaction score
Yes, as long as your due for either an Annual Upgrade or your up for your NE2 then yes, you can.

However, I would recommend going to a VZW Corp. Store for your purchase.. Wal-Mart is kind of iffy on their warranties and such, especially when it comes to their cellphones. Plus if you purchase from a VZW store, you get the 30 day WFG and you can switch your phone ONE time within that 30 day period.

Hope this helps you out!

Cheers!

OP
LouS

LouS

Reaction score
Well actually this would be for my son who I was getting a DX upgrade for him for Christmas. I already have a DX and he is eligible for upgrade (has been). Problem with VZW is that the DX is $199 after a $100 mail-in rebate. I'd rather not pay $100 extra now to get the phone, especially if I could get it cheaper thru WM. WM website (thru Let's Talk) shows $149 as the price of the DX plus $80 add'l discount for a final price of $69 which seems way cheap. Just don't know if you could get this price in store or not...

Thanks.

OP
LouS

LouS

Reaction score
Well did the smart thing and called my local Walmart. They don't sell any VZW phones in-store so I think that's the end of that idea...

Dustin.

Reaction score
Well every Wal-Mart near me sales VZW phones.. Since they do Straight Talk its mainly only VZW phones they sell, so I don't see why your Wal-Mart would be any different but I can understand the reasoning behind getting one for a cheaper price, these phones can get pretty expensive.

OP
LouS

LouS

Reaction score
Don't know why it would be different either. The person I talked to said they only sell T-Mobile and AT&T phone but had a couple of VZW pay as you go phones. I'm down in FL...

Dustin.

Reaction score
Don't know why it would be different either. The person I talked to said they only sell T-Mobile and AT&T phone but had a couple of VZW pay as you go phones. I'm down in FL...

That's a pretty big VZW area.. And yeah, they would sell the prepaid ones, but I always thought that mainly EVERY Wal-Mart was the same.

I'd try a different Wal-Mart not too far away from you and try that. Something just doesn't seem right about that one. :S

OP
LouS

LouS

Reaction score
And thanks for the tip about the Dell store (Stelv). I have a hard time with trying to upgrade a phone on a secondary line on-line. It's never clear on exactly how to do it...