Droid x extended battery

oze4

Reaction score
I am in desperate need of a better battery for my new Droid X. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find one? i would prefer to keep my phones profile the same. (not really wanting a large battery that requires new back plate)

Any input would be extremely helpful!

thanks,

oze

mopar

Reaction score
Seidio Is currently working on extended battery's for the droid x. Check out their website.

OP
O

oze4

Reaction score
any idea when it will be out?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Call 611 and ask for part# MOTDRDXBATX is a 1840mah battery, there is a replacement door that comes with it and it's listed at $49.99

It is not listed on their website.....

92SHO16

Reaction score
I am in desperate need of a better battery for my new Droid X. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find one? i would prefer to keep my phones profile the same. (not really wanting a large battery that requires new back plate)

Any input would be extremely helpful!

thanks,

oze

Have you tried using juice defender or tasker with a custom profile to extend your battery life? Both of these options have many people who will swear by them.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think that you're experiencing the droid x "no sleep" bug or need to update PRLs. After working around these things I tripled my battery life at least.

OP
O

oze4

Reaction score
what are prl's and how do i update them?

OP
O

oze4

Reaction score
i read that other thread you had aminaked and how do i know if my phone is entering sleep and or if gps is turned off?

your help is GREATLY appreciated!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Spare Parts will show you details for battery usage.

A cool widget is included by default. Just long press your home screen and add the widget called Power Control. It has buttons for wifi, gps, bluetooth, and sync. On the original droid I leave it all on. On droid x, until the update, perhaps turn off gps and wifi when done using...and perhaps reboot after charging...and dial *228 to update PRLs

iDr0id

Reaction score
You can get a spare battery off amazon for like 9 dollars plus shipping, then the wall charger for like 15 shipped. Thats what i think i'm gonna do if it becomes a problem