Droid X Display type...

arabstar1982

Reaction score
A random and odd question, yes, but what type of display does the Droid X have? I know the Incredible has AMOLED display, but can't seem to find what the DX has. I did try a search through the forum and was not able to come up with anything. Thanks!!!

Deanna

Reaction score
A random and odd question, yes, but what type of display does the Droid X have? I know the Incredible has AMOLED display, but can't seem to find what the DX has. I did try a search through the forum and was not able to come up with anything. Thanks!!!

Deanna

Good question - I heard someone refer to the screen on the X as being AMOLED but it is not.

The DX uses a TFT LCD just like the D1

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/U...s/Mobile-Phones/ci.Motorola-DROID-X-US-EN.alt

TFT LCD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OP
A

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What is the difference between the AMOLED and TFT screens? I obviously don't know much about the different screens or pros and cons between the different screens. Thanks in advance.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
AMOLED is backlit by LEDs. TFT isn't as bright or colorful but battery life is usually stronger.

Thanks for the info. What is the difference between the AMOLED and TFT screens? I obviously don't know much about the different screens or pros and cons between the different screens. Thanks in advance.

DroidForums junkie!!

Reaction score
Google can answer this question with GREAT depth.

Many tech sites have done head to head comparisons.

--------------------------------------
So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?