Droid X custom bootloader logos to replace Motorola logo

Shibbey

Reaction score
I get off work in about 5 hrs and can play around with it some. my ultimate goal, well 2 goals are:

1. Create a program that spits out a flahable sbf just from selecting the BMP you want as you boot logo.

2. Snother program that spits out a SBF with corrected checksum when you select a SBF with a bad checksum.

Originally was only going to do this for the D1, but should not be hard to do for any SBF's that calculate the checksum using the same method. So can incorporate the DX into it provided Motorola did not change the checksum calculation method.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Shibbey

Reaction score
My quick test

The SBF 16 bit checksum for the DX and the D1 are calculated using the same method, so once I get this program out of beta to a releasable version, it should be easily adapted to be used for DX or the D1... Now I am curious about the D2.. LOL.

One thing at a time. :icon_eek:

blkblt412

Reaction score
Awesome stuff guys, I was able to get this working as well following the directions from Skeemask plus Shibbey's checksum calculator.

Shibbey

Reaction score
Looks like TBH added a boot logo replacer to their app. Coolness

Having a brain fart... TBH??
Also, I have a working program for generating a flashable SBF from a BMP working for the D1. Jlutz and Jharmon are testing it for me. I plan to add the DX to the program this week. Would you care to test it out for me since I lack a DX to test on?

Shibbey

Reaction score
Thanks. Appreciate it. I will let you know as soon as it is ready.

BalistikBill

Reaction score
This thing would not flash. I get the critical errror message when trying to flash it to the Droid X!