Droid X Custom Boot Logo I'll create

Gryffen Spark

Reaction score
Is there a reason they won't work on the new GB. I've tried to put them on without any success.

Swyped with speed on X w/GB

ltlbsteed

Reaction score
Inverting colors????

Hey guys, I'm hoping one of you all can help me... I found some instructions on creating these - basically where you take a 480x182 24bit .bmp, flip it horizontally, edit in Frhed (remove first 54 bytes and the last 2 bytes, then reverse the code), save as logo.bin, and insert into the .zip file. Weird thing is, it's inverting my colors! Grays, blacks, and whites all come out right, but red in the image boots as green, cyan as magenta.... very strange. Anything obvious that could be causing this?

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm hoping one of you all can help me... I found some instructions on creating these - basically where you take a 480x182 24bit .bmp, flip it horizontally, edit in Frhed (remove first 54 bytes and the last 2 bytes, then reverse the code), save as logo.bin, and insert into the .zip file. Weird thing is, it's inverting my colors! Grays, blacks, and whites all come out right, but red in the image boots as green, cyan as magenta.... very strange. Anything obvious that could be causing this?

Typically this is caused by not reversing the bytes. If you are doing that it should be working. How many bytes are left after deleting the last 2? Depending on what photo editor you are using you may not need to remove the last 2... don't really think that's the issue tho. Did you select all before reversing?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
thanks a million for the logos. You are great taking the time to do this for so many people.

Your welcome :) After all the help I've gotten and stuff I've learned from these forums, it's nice to be able to do something for others and pay back my debt lol. The hacking and dev stuff is way over my head but thanks to DF I've been able to all kinds of fun stuff with my phone :)

ltlbsteed

Reaction score

Typically this is caused by not reversing the bytes. If you are doing that it should be working. How many bytes are left after deleting the last 2? Depending on what photo editor you are using you may not need to remove the last 2... don't really think that's the issue tho. Did you select all before reversing?

262078. I've used both gimp and paint to edit my images, and ya, I'm making sure I have selected all before reversing... Maybe I should try NOT reversing them just for ****s and giggles and see what happens. I'll try leaving the last two bytes alone as well. Thanks for the input Dr. :) Actually, now that I think about it, all three images I tried were ultimately edited with paint. I couldn't figure out how to save a .bmp as 24 bit in gimp so I was converting in paint. Maybe the last two bytes ARE the problem...

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

262078. I've used both gimp and paint to edit my images, and ya, I'm making sure I have selected all before reversing... Maybe I should try NOT reversing them just for ****s and giggles and see what happens. I'll try leaving the last two bytes alone as well. Thanks for the input Dr. :) Actually, now that I think about it, all three images I tried were ultimately edited with paint. I couldn't figure out how to save a .bmp as 24 bit in gimp so I was converting in paint. Maybe the last two bytes ARE the problem...

There should be 262080 bytes... Photoshop adds two "00" bytes at the end for some reason, gimp and paint don't so you don't need to delete the last two if you use those. And to save in 24bit in gimp, click "advanced" on the pop-up when saving.

ltlbsteed

Reaction score

There should be 262080 bytes... Photoshop adds two "00" bytes at the end for some reason, gimp and paint don't so you don't need to delete the last two if you use those. And to save in 24bit in gimp, click "advanced" on the pop-up when saving.

Sure enough, leaving the last two bytes fixed it. Thanks much! I know this isn't a Gimp forum, but I have Gimp 2.6 and there isn't an "advanced" option on the "save as" pop-up. Maybe it's a plug-in I'm missing or something....

***Nevermind. I'm just a little mental today obviously. I FOUND THE ADVANCED OPTION!!!! (after you select .bmp and click save, there is another pop-up.)***

Last edited:

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

Sure enough, leaving the last two bytes fixed it. Thanks much! I know this isn't a Gimp forum, but I have Gimp 2.6 and there isn't an "advanced" option on the "save as" pop-up. Maybe it's a plug-in I'm missing or something....

I have 2.6 also... save as, change type to .bmp, click save, then a small pop-up comes up with an advanced options dropdown.

ltlbsteed

Reaction score

I have 2.6 also... save as, change type to .bmp, click save, then a small pop-up comes up

Yes, I found it now... I guess I just haven't had enough coffee yet...

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

I have 2.6 also... save as, change type to .bmp, click save, then a small pop-up comes up

Yes, I found it now... I guess I just haven't had enough coffee yet...

Lol glad you got it figured out :)