Droid X Cases?

macatk89

Reaction score
How long does it usually take for a good selection of cases to be released for a new phone? I saw the kickstand case that was shown with the car dock and home dock, but I can't find much info or decent pics for it... all i can tell is that it has a kickstand, costs $25, and i think it's made out of leather.

Anyway if anybody has info on any Droid X cases, I'd love to hear about them. I don't like the silicon covers because it makes it hard to slide in and out of my pocket. I'd probably prefer a tight-fitting leather case or hard plastic.

I'm really hoping that SGP makes one of their vintage leather cases for the Droid X like they have for the iPhone4, but it looks like they only offered screen protectors for the original Droid, so who knows...

OP
M

macatk89

Reaction score
thanks for the reply! I realized after I posted it that it was in the section for the original droid, not the DX, lol.

Lorelei

Reaction score
No problem.

I really want one in green. That green on the site I gave you definitely is NOT green. There are tons of Droid X cases on eBay as well, but NONE in green! They have a nice Hello Kitty bling one, but it's made with real Swarovski crystals, and I'm not paying what I am paying for the phone for the case as well!

Lorelei

Reaction score
OK. Last post on this.

Too many complaints on the net about Amzer, even if you use Amazon.com to buy an Amzer product. :icon_eek: I believe them, because I e-mailed Amzer customer service a week ago with a question, and I got an auto reply back immediately that said they received my comment blah, blah, blah and someone would get back to me. It was flagged "Priority: LOW," and I still haven't gotten a response yet. I was going to ignore that because I really want a green argyle silicone skin, and I figured maybe they'd been bombarded with a lot of questions because of the new phone coming out, but it appears a gazillion other people have had similar bad experiences with Amzer customer service. I now believe that I am poopy to Amzer, and if I can find their case in an actual physical store in a month or so, I'll get it there.

I took a leap of faith and bought a silicone skin and screen protectors from an eBay merchant located in the USA who said they have the items in stock. They even e-mailed me a few minutes ago to tell me they'll be shipping my stuff out today. And yes, the stuff is definitely for a Droid X. The eBay store is called digimobilesource.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just get you an ipad case, it should fit. ;)

Cathbad

Reaction score
I've bought a few Droid X items on eBay including a $3.95 case that I can use until Forte makes a Droid X case. I have a Blackberry in one of their cases and I really like it.
Verizon will sell you a 5 foot cable to connect the phone to your HD TV. They charge $25.00 and it is useless to me. I don't sit that close. I found a $20.00 10 foot cable on Ebay.

bobthefrog

Reaction score
do you really even need a case? i mean the screen is designed to be touched over and over again so i'm sure it's pretty scratch resistant. and if you drop your phone on the ground, is one millimeter of silicone really going to do anything?

Dglez

Reaction score
I was so hesitant to buy a case for such a nice looking phone but I found one in best buy that changed my mind. The case is a snap on plastic coded with a rubber like material that feels just like the back of the phone. It really does feel and look as if the phone is naked plus it also came with a belt clip. it was 40 dollars but I think it was worth it specially since the case does not stick in my pocket.I'm not sure what the name of the company is there is a logo with"Pt" and then it says platinum perfected case chemistry

Cathbad

Reaction score

dLi

Reaction score
I'm really hoping that SGP makes one of their vintage leather cases for the Droid X like they have for the iPhone4, but it looks like they only offered screen protectors for the original Droid, so who knows...

My friend has the vintage leather case made for iPhone from SGP and I'm so jealous! I want one for my Droid X as well...!!

Cathbad

Reaction score
I got my case

My case from Fortte came last week. It is very good. They made it large enough so that it fits with the silicone protector. Both front and back are padded. Mine does have a magnet and I have not had a problem. They will do Velcro.