Droid X - can't see call times

Metallious

Reaction score
I'm assuming this is simple, but my google-fu and UI spelunking haven't turned up an answer.

When I go to my missed/recent calls list I see name, phone number, call length, and *part* of the date/time stamp, with the last part clipped (showing "...") so I can't see the time of the call. Obviously this can be a problem if you need to know the time of a call, or just irritating. The options button only lets me clear list or set up the speed dial and I don't see another place to modify this display elsewhere in the UI.

Anyone care to help me facepalm by showingthe simple fix? I really want to see the times calls were made.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is simple, but my google-fu and UI spelunking haven't turned up an answer.

When I go to my missed/recent calls list I see name, phone number, call length, and *part* of the date/time stamp, with the last part clipped (showing "...") so I can't see the time of the call. Obviously this can be a problem if you need to know the time of a call, or just irritating. The options button only lets me clear list or set up the speed dial and I don't see another place to modify this display elsewhere in the UI.

Anyone care to help me facepalm by showingthe simple fix? I really want to see the times calls were made.

Sorry can't really embarrass you though I wouldn't mind. (j/k) ;)

Tap the phone icon and then recent. It won't give you an exat tome but you can at least get a 10 minute range on it. Look for any calls that have a crooked red arrow that would be a missed call. You should get at least something like 9:0……. Then you know it was between 9:00 and 9:10.

Unless someone else has a better idea.

Oh, you know what I think there is also an app. I saw one called Missed Call Priority that might help you out. Take a look in the Market search missed calls.

OP
M

Metallious

Reaction score
yeah, that's what I'm getting now, part of the time with ... following. Odd that if they'd only put the numbers into that space I'd have the info I'm after. Missed Call Priority would probably do the trick, just seems excessive for what I'm after.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Go to Settings / Date & time, and check the Use 24-hour format. This shortens the time so that only September in the double digit days truncates the time.

Of course if you are not used to the 24 hr clock it may take a while to get used to it, and the setting is system wide.