Droid X Camera Flash LEDs Independent?

dudeman135

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the camera flash LED(s) on the Droid X can be operated independently? I have the Droid Light app and MotoTorch LED apps, both of which light up both camera flash LEDS. I'm hoping the LEDs are actually two separate LEDs which could be coded to operate separately?

The main reason being that after about 10 seconds of having any app which lights up the flash LED(s) running, the bottom LED starts to blink, while the top one remains lit. Very annoying and from what I've found in a search or two, a hardware problem. I just got the new phone a month ago and the idea of having Verizon swap it out for a refurb so quickly doesn't appeal to me just yet, I will do that eventually.

I also just think it would be cool to be able to activate just one LED or the other, in situations where you want to possibly conserve battery life and don't quite need the full brightness of both at the same time.

If it's possible, I thought I might try to create a very basic app to allow me to do that. Thanks ahead of time for any info!