Droid X Camcorder Problem

DynoPlast

Reaction score
I am loving this thing but I am having issues trying to record videos. Yesterday I recorded a very short clip and it was 34 mb in size. I tried to record a second clip and it returned an error message something to the effect of "you have run out of room".

Well, I offloaded that 34 mb file to my PC via dropbox. Now when I try to record a video, I hit the camcorder icon, then press the record button. It immediately goes back to the home screeen with no error messages. It does this every time I try.

I looked at my dcim folder, where it stores the video clips, and there is nothing there.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

barrio12002

Reaction score
Same here every time I tried to take a video it went back to home screen I discovered that Pandora was messing up my phone so I unistalled and now its workig fine I love Pandora but after 2.2 only problems to me

Rugburn

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I never tried to record a video before the update, but i tried the other day after the update and every time i do it just sends me straight back to the home screen. I do have pandora, so I will remove it and try it again. But if it is pandora causing the problem, that sucks because I use it alot in my truck. Oh well, I guess thats just growing pains. Thanks for the tip!

dapenguin08

Reaction score
Same thing happening after upgrading to froyo. Camcorder is not working..... no solution?

Rugburn

Reaction score
I uninstalled Pandora and my camcorder started working.

faysal

Reaction score
Reset the Phone for Camcorder Issue

No Need to uninstall Pandora. I had the same issue, took the battery out and reset the phone. Now camcorder works :)

arparaspolo

Reaction score
No Need to uninstall Pandora. I had the same issue, took the battery out and reset the phone. Now camcorder works :)

Having the same problem. I have done the battery pull and it was a temporary fix. I just uninstalled pandora and rebooted. Lets see how long this fix will last.

MASAKI

Reaction score
Having the same problem.. I tried battery pull, pandora uninstall, take off the memory card and reboot but my camcorder never worked. every time I press the recording button it goes back to the home screen... anyone have any ideas how to fix???

OP
D

DynoPlast

Reaction score
Having the same problem.. I tried battery pull, pandora uninstall, take off the memory card and reboot but my camcorder never worked. every time I press the recording button it goes back to the home screen... anyone have any ideas how to fix???

Make sure you are running 2.3 - which fixed this issue. Since I upgraded, I never had the problem again.

rlmuzic

Reaction score
I maybe a little slow BUT WHAT IS 2.2 & 2.3 UPDATE??? IM HAVING SAAAAME PROBLEMS IM SO DISAPPOINTED IN THIS CAM CORDER!!!! Y CAN'T I FIX IT I KNOW THERE'S A SOLUTION.. IT WORKS FOR 30 MINUTES N THEN FAILURE AGHGGHG HELP ME!!!!! SOMEONE