Droid X Calendar won't delete "this and future events"

ewb

Reaction score
Since the automatic update yesterday I haven't been able to delete "this and future events" in a series. It "deletes" it for about 2 seconds, then they're back. I can delete a single event in a series, or all events in a series. This makes it hard to input a series of events that repeats for a while, but not indefinitely. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Did you put the events into your google calendar on your computer? If you did you will need to remove it from there. As the phone syncs it just keeps pulling them off line/google calendar. Let me know if this helps.

OP
E

ewb

Reaction score
No, I put them directly into my droid calendar, which is not linked to any other calendar.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You realize that you are linked to Google Calendar? I'm not sure about what you're doing on the X but if you go on line to your Google Calendar it should be real easy to delete the item from there.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
If it is the calendar that comes with the android OS then you have to have a "google" account in place. Use the email address and password at google.com and you can see/add all events into your calendar on google. Im pretty sure that if you go in there and delete it you won't have to worry about it on your phone. If you didn't have to set up a google account to use the calendar then I don't know what to tell you. Both my droid 1 and X I had to set up google accounts to access the calendar.

OP
E

ewb

Reaction score
Well, thanks for telling me! It's nice to know I have a backup calendar if my phone fails.

sptt144

Reaction score
That was the solution! Log in online and delete your reoccuring events that you no longer want. It will take it out of your phone ASAP! Thanks guys!