As captainstandup appears to be new as I am, has anyone found a solution to the problem other than setting the phone back to how it came from the factory. I get that solution from Verizon every time I have a problem. It seems to be their go to answer.
Can you even uninstall and re-install a stock app? If so, please point me to the instructions.
The same issue just happened to me today. I found this fix and it worked like a charm (WITHOUT doing a factory or hard reset):
1. Press your device's < Home > button, then press < Menu >.
2. Select Settings and then Applications.
3. Select Manage applications.
4. Select "Running" applications tab.
5. Select Calendar Storage. 6. Press "Clear data."
7. Wait for everything to re-sync OR return to "Settings," select "Accounts," highlight the account(s) that you want synced to your calendar and then uncheck and re-check "Sync Calendar."
This worked for me. I went back to my calendar app and it was working brilliantly once again (no sudden closing after a millisecond!) and all info on my calendar was there once again! :icon_ banana:
On the other forum I found this on it stated "112 of 120 people found this answer helpful." It's now 113.