droid x BRICKED!!!

brmk226

Reaction score
i tried running liberty on my dx. i followed this website Liberty ROM 1.5 Released for DROID X/2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog but i used a different recovery than the one used in there and i dont see why that should matter..but while in recovery i cleared sd card and than i tried installing liberty and now its been trying to boot up for the past 8 hours so i unplugged battery same thing again. please help need to fix phone asap

FunnelWeaver

Reaction score
lol. Just flash the SBF with RSD Lite and start from scratch.

...and for the record, you're supposed to format data and cache when you install a new ROM, not format the SD card.

OP
B

brmk226

Reaction score
when you say format data and cache do you mean the 8g onboard memory?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's the equivalent of a factory reset. Do a lil more research on flashing before trying again. I'll see if I can dig up some links to help you out some.
Btw, "Bricked" would be "not turning on".

when you say format data and cache do you mean the 8g onboard memory?

Sent down via a Bolt of lightning!!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
For future reference, use the actual releasers instructions when flashing any ROM or other additions to your device. The instructions for flashing Liberty v1.5 are located right here in this very forum, at the top of the page in the Release Thread...first post.

Had you did that, you would have had step by step instructions from the Devs on how to get a flawless install.

Install:
make sure you have root and clockworks recovery installed
-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back "powerbutton"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyX/2-X.X.zip
-reboot

OP
B

brmk226

Reaction score
yea i accidentally didnt clear cahce and data i skipped that step on accident.. but ive been two days unable to unbrick my phone what should i do with it im so lost and have NO idea what to do with it

Boblank

Reaction score
Is out stuck on the boot logo or is it cycling through the boot animation?

Snow02

Reaction score
Hehe. Can you pull the battery and get back into clockwork?

OP
B

brmk226

Reaction score
Is out stuck on the boot logo or is it cycling through the boot animation?
it was cycling through the boot animation(liberty) i can not get back to recovery its recovery you get thru rom manager cant remember if its that important i could figure it out and i let it sit trying to boot up for over 24 hours nothing... and its not seen by my comp. now it wont even go to the bootloader black screen im pretty sure the batteries charged unless it cant charge while trying to boot up or completely dead.

Snow02

Reaction score
Put it in bootloader mode. Make sure it says battery ok. If it does, just sbf via rsd lite. If not, get the battery charged then sbf.

OP
B

brmk226

Reaction score
Put it in bootloader mode. Make sure it says battery ok. If it does, just sbf via rsd lite. If not, get the battery charged then sbf.
i cant get it into bootloader tho so what else could i do?

mcp770

Reaction score
from power off hold the menu button and power till the screen flickers then let go......no boot loader screen?

OP
B

brmk226

Reaction score
from power off hold the menu button and power till the screen flickers then let go......no boot loader screen?
no bootloader screen i plugged it in and the led turned green(cuz its charging i guess) so maybe its because its dead but nothing happened when i hed menu and power button

Snow02

Reaction score
Holding home is to go into stock recovery, not the bootloader.

You need to hold camera + volume down + power to get into the bootloader.