Droid X bricked HELP!!!

theovlit

Reaction score
I tried to put a new theme on my rooted DX and it bricked it. so i did some research that said all i have to do is use RSD light to put SBF on it. i tried it first with RDS 4.7 with SBF 2.1 and it failed with some error codes, i think one was like A4 or some thing. then i tried to use RSD 4.8 with SBF 2.2 and now i get the code corrupt. I'v done it 3 time with each SBF and still now luck. befor i did SBF i had to start up the dootloader now it automatically just starts up to it. I dont know what to do. can i just go to verizon and get a new phone or is it void. please help.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Couple of things:

One, you can't just SBF 2.1 back on a Droid X. The 2.2 updates changed the bootloader keys. This has been discussed in depth. What this means is it's VERY unlikely you can pull it out of situation you have reached.

Two, in rooting your X you voided the warranty. Therefore you cannot legally take it back to the store and tell them you woke up and powered it on and that's what you saw.

Three, if you have insurance it's a $90 co-pay but the insurance company doesn't seem to care if you rooted it or not.