Droid X Bluetooth problems

tj32

Reaction score
Phone: Droid X
Car Stereo: Sony MEX-BT2800

Frequently my droid won't connect to my stereo via bluetooth for music streaming. If I turn the bluetooth off and on again, sometimes it will connect, sometimes it won't. It can take up to 5 times to connect at times.

This is only for music streaming. The phone portion of the bluetooth always connects successfully.

I called Sony, and they had me send my new stereo in for repairs. I got it back and am having the same results. Now I'm wondering if its a problem with my phone.

Any suggestions for diagnosing / fixing this?

shadowmind

Reaction score
Phone: Droid X
Car Stereo: Sony MEX-BT2800

Frequently my droid won't connect to my stereo via bluetooth for music streaming. If I turn the bluetooth off and on again, sometimes it will connect, sometimes it won't. It can take up to 5 times to connect at times.

This is only for music streaming. The phone portion of the bluetooth always connects successfully.

I called Sony, and they had me send my new stereo in for repairs. I got it back and am having the same results. Now I'm wondering if its a problem with my phone.

Any suggestions for diagnosing / fixing this?

I've had this problem for quite some time as well. Seems like the Bluetooth is broken each OTA update, and winds up getting worse as the updates come out. Initially, Bluetooth was choppy playing music after the first update and the phone was warbly. Now after Froyo, I have the same simptums.

OP
T

tj32

Reaction score
I figured out a way to make it connect every time, but its tedious.

Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Bluetooth Settings ->
then check Bluetooth if it isn't already
then hold down XPLOD -> Options...
then check Connect

This makes both the Phone and Media connect instantly.

Is there a way to make a shortcut to this menu. Or better yet make it happen automatically when CarDock starts?

dent

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my droid 2 and sony deck....I do what you do.... my blackberry used to connect instantly so its prob a software thing...

Hopefully next update will fix it as well as the long ass time it takes to get voice commands to work

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Ruckis

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my Kenwood head unit. It never had a problem syncing to the Blackberry Storm. So I'm pretty sure its not the radio. I was also hoping that someone out there had a simple setting to change and fix it. I'll keep my eyes open for a reply.

Thanks for any help.

dent

Reaction score
Today my radio had the phone part sync'd and not the audio. I put the deck in the bt audio source and hit the pause button and it sync'd up the phone immediatly. Perhaps sometimes its on demand via the radio. I'll confirm next time it happens. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

EDIT: Confirmed it twice now. It seems the music portion is a little lazy about connecting. If you go to the BT Audio source and press pause, skip forward or skip back on the deck it searches for the audio connection and finds it. Perhaps its a good thing (saving power?). Who knows. Hope this helps!

ddevore

Reaction score
Sony Radio won't connect

I have had a Sony Xplode radio with Bluetooth for a while now and I have had a lot of problems with the media connecting, the phone always connects. Like the first poster I have had to turn on and off the bluetooth on the phone and the radio, usually multiple times to get it to connect. The other problem is that it takes for ever to connect. This didn't used to be a problem because I drove a lot. But, now I have shorter trips where I would like to listen to the phone but I don't want to go through the hassle of making it connect.

If there is any solution to this problem I would really appreciate hearing about it.