A2DP Streaming not working with Mazda CX9

CheffyRedux

Reaction score
just fyi.. i have a 2010 mazda cx7 and as of last night I was having the same issue as you with the A2DP not streaming, but the phone working fine. Received OTA update this morning, and it works perfect. so nice!
After reading this, the first thing I did was dial *228 and hit option 1 for the phone "programming" option. When finished, I tried A2DP audio in my car and it worked. Good news.

I thought that by doing the above I was applying the 2.0.1 firmware update, but phone still says 2.0 in Settings. So not exactly sure what fixed my A2DP, but it's now working.

alf@eag

Reaction score
I've tried just recently on my 2010 VW GTI and all I get is ticking sounds as well. If it works in the 2008 rabbits its because you have an aftermarket pioneer headunit.

alf@eag

Reaction score
just fyi.. i have a 2010 mazda cx7 and as of last night I was having the same issue as you with the A2DP not streaming, but the phone working fine. Received OTA update this morning, and it works perfect. so nice!
After reading this, the first thing I did was dial *228 and hit option 1 for the phone "programming" option. When finished, I tried A2DP audio in my car and it worked. Good news.

I thought that by doing the above I was applying the 2.0.1 firmware update, but phone still says 2.0 in Settings. So not exactly sure what fixed my A2DP, but it's now working.
I just did this went back to my car to try it now everything works flawlessly thaNks for the help!

OP
R

rgn2000

Reaction score
I've tried just recently on my 2010 VW GTI and all I get is ticking sounds as well. If it works in the 2008 rabbits its because you have an aftermarket pioneer headunit.

Did you get the update? Not the *228 method but the actual software update.

alf@eag

Reaction score

Did you get the update? Not the *228 method but the actual software update.
well previously i had the 2.0.1 update. and it didnt work. then i did the *228 and it started working.

nsurg

Reaction score
Digging out an old thread here, I know, but I have the 2011 cx9 with navigation. It is new as of a week or two, and I had it working fine with bluetooth phone and a2dp audio.
I "installed" the ipod harness and box $230 ripoff combo, which doesn't work for some reason, and after turning things on and reconnecting the battery I lost audio over A2DP. I still have telephone, and it still thinks it is getting audio (the nav screen lets me pause/start/skip in pandora), but no sound comes out!
I am going nuts here. Any suggestions? Radio works for sound.

OP
R

rgn2000

Reaction score
Digging out an old thread here, I know, but I have the 2011 cx9 with navigation. It is new as of a week or two, and I had it working fine with bluetooth phone and a2dp audio.
I "installed" the ipod harness and box $230 ripoff combo, which doesn't work for some reason, and after turning things on and reconnecting the battery I lost audio over A2DP. I still have telephone, and it still thinks it is getting audio (the nav screen lets me pause/start/skip in pandora), but no sound comes out!
I am going nuts here. Any suggestions? Radio works for sound.

I would try unpairing your phone and then turn off your phone and pull the battery. Obviously put the battery back in and reboot the phone. Also delete the phone from your mazda interface. Then repair the phone to the car. Hopefully this will work. If not report back. BTW what phone do you have?