Droid X battery life

Mike8016

Reaction score
I just got the droid incredible a couple days ago and cant stand it and i am planning on returning it for the X. How is the battery life supposed to be on the X and also is Motorola software better than HTC? This is the first HTC phone i owned and cant stand how it is set up. Thanks

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just got the droid incredible a couple days ago and cant stand it and i am planning on returning it for the X. How is the battery life supposed to be on the X and also is Motorola software better than HTC? This is the first HTC phone i owned and cant stand how it is set up. Thanks

1. Battery life is on par with the Moto Droid

2. "Better" is subjective

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Proper tweaking + buying an after market slightly larger battery can make a huge difference. If you can't stand how it's setup as far as UI/software, though.....well...dunno what to tell you, Sense UI has kind of been the best Android and WinMo UI for a good while now, in most people's eyes :)

Mule65

Reaction score
Battery Life:

• Moto Droid - Pretty bad
  • HTC Droid Inc - Really bad

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Battery Life:

• Moto Droid - Pretty bad
  • HTC Droid Inc - Really bad

I went stock 2.1 because I may get the X and give the Droid to a family member, and right now, I don't have any complaints with battery life.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
All the reviewers have been happy with the X's battery life. It's a smartphone, so it's not going to last multiple days. "Good" smartphone battery life is getting you through a full day.

joeymoose

Reaction score
I thought the battery on the Moto Droid was pretty good, The DInc. is a different story...

Stock battery, Garbage
Extended battery, good for a month... Then Garbage.

I wonder if I will ever get 3-4 days of battery life on any phone again like I did with my BB 8830WE.

On a side note, A very nice VZW Rep is extending the 30 day return policy on my Inc to 4 months.... Hello Droid X!

Balthazar B

Reaction score
And don't forget that Verizon will release a mega-battery for the DX that will provide about a quarter more power than the stock one (with a modified case cover) for those who need it.

ForeverInOur

Reaction score
to get this mega battery, is it just an "accessory" that you will eventually have to buy? for like 50 bucks or something?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what the price will be, but yes, it will be available to purchase from Verizon.

Philba

Reaction score
I got a DX on the 15th and haven't been impressed with the battery life. I conditioned the battery at first. On the whole I'm getting about 8 hrs of general use (plus lots of showing to friends). If I forget to turn off wifi, it drops to like 5+ hrs.

In general, settings/battery manager/battery use shows about 3/4 of the usage is display.

I'm definitely going to spring for a car charger of some sort.

kpiskin

Reaction score
I've done three full cycles on the battery and today is the first day it seems to be holding up similarly to my original droid. 4.5 hours and the phone is still at 90% with light usage.

Philba

Reaction score
I've done three full cycles on the battery and today is the first day it seems to be holding up similarly to my original droid. 4.5 hours and the phone is still at 90% with light usage.

what does "light usage" mean, mostly standby? I use gmaps, a little browsing, gmail and DL'd a few apps. I wonder if I've got a marginal battery?