Droid X backlight

Lunchbucket

Reaction score
Had the phone for a couple months. Rooted, and running Liberty v2.0.1. Has been great till the last couple days. I thought my phone was resetting on me but you can see the screen is still there but NO backlight. I can't get it to function (I think) either. Must hold the top button to restart.

Any suggestions? Think it's hardware like a backlight or a software issue?

If hardware and I need to take it back to Verizon can anyone point me to the steps needed to remove all the stuff that Verizon doesn't want on there so I don't get into trouble?

Thanks
Lunchbucket

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
You say there is no backlight but Is a screen? How is that possible? And bringing it to Verizon you should just factory reset which removes rom and data but since you can't get to that it is like getting life insurance on someone your going to kill lol get a extended warranty on it wait a week and brick it and they give you a new one this is the worst case scenario lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
You say there is no backlight but Is a screen? How is that possible? And bringing it to Verizon you should just factory reset which removes rom and data but since you can't get to that it is like getting life insurance on someone your going to kill lol get a extended warranty on it wait a week and brick it and they give you a new one this is the worst case scenario lol

1. The liquid crystals operate independently of the backlight that makes it easier for you to see them.
2. Factory Reset does NOT remove the ROM you're on. If you want it back to stock you're going to have to SBF.
3. Your dishonesty is going to come back to bite you. I promise. And encouraging others to be dishonest is just going to make things worse for yourself. "lol"... .

Back to the OP:

If there really is a problem with your phone, SBF it and send it in. But I doubt it's a hardware problem if the backlight comes on at all. I would suggest reinstalling the ROM or upgrading to Liberty GB. It's very stable at this point.

SBF instructions as well as installing Liberty GB 0.x are here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...-1-stock-apex-cm7-etc-any-rom-liberty-gb.html

OP
L

Lunchbucket

Reaction score

1. The liquid crystals operate independently of the backlight that makes it easier for you to see them.
2. Factory Reset does NOT remove the ROM you're on. If you want it back 8to stock you're going to have to SBF.
3. Your dishonesty is going to come back to bite you. I promise. And encouraging others to be dishonest is just going to make things worse for yourself. "lol"... .

Back to the OP:

If there really is a problem with your phone, SBF it and send it in. But I doubt it's a hardware problem if the backlight comes on at all. I would suggest reinstalling the ROM or upgrading to Liberty GB. It's very stable at this point.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...-1-stock-apex-cm7-etc-any-rom-liberty-gb.html

Nice! Thanks. Been running liberty 2.0.1 for so long and been liking it I didn't loon for a new version. Been getting slower so maybe it is the rom. Ill check out the GB one

WilfulHippo

Reaction score

2. Factory Reset does NOT remove the ROM you're on. If you want it back to stock you're going to have to SBF.

Back to the OP:

Ok I'm sober now lol I was a little drunk when I posted but beside that factory reset will reset rom I am almost sure and I am dishonest because I hate how it voids warranty to root and discover your device so its my way of showing them who's boss ;p