Droid X and Music

radtech91

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum, just got my Droid X a few days ago.
I have a 32GB micro SD card installed in my X, and I finally was able to get my 16GB iTunes library onto the card. The player recognizes all the songs, but I guess they all aren't tagged so they aren't organized well like they were on my iPod Touch. But that isn't my problem. All my songs are MP3's and not protected. Yet the phone says that it can't play about 3/4 of my library due to unsupported format.
I tried the built in music program and PowerAmp.
Any suggestions?

csdeloy

Reaction score
There's different apps for accessing music files online. Try mecanto

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
R

radtech91

Reaction score
Well I tried double twist today 3 times and it didn't work again. So I tried it manually through double twist but if I but more than a few songs over and don't disconnect from the computer it screws all those songs up or just won't even transfer them at all.

This really stinks I got this phone to use as a replacement for my iPod Touch but this is getting very annoying at the moment.

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
Well I tried double twist today 3 times and it didn't work again. So I tried it manually through double twist but if I but more than a few songs over and don't disconnect from the computer it screws all those songs up or just won't even transfer them at all.

This really stinks I got this phone to use as a replacement for my iPod Touch but this is getting very annoying at the moment.

doubletwist and all those apps are screwy i put 4gb on here manually off itunes. when you connect your phone create a folder i think in removable disk :k (your droid x's sd card) exactly titled Music. all my file formats are mp3 because everything i have off my computer is from limewire and frostwire.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
R

radtech91

Reaction score
I know how to do that but I would like to have them tagged because when I just drag and drop it will put them all as untitled and they aren't tagged correctly and I can't tell the artist, album, or song. It is very annoying!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I know how to do that but I would like to have them tagged because when I just drag and drop it will put them all as untitled and they aren't tagged correctly and I can't tell the artist, album, or song. It is very annoying!
Are they all tagged and titled correctly in iTunes? Did you purchase them from iTunes are did you download them elsewhere?

If they are purchased from Amazon or iTunes, then there shouldnt be any reason why they arent being tagged correctly on the Droid.

Sounds to me like the problem you have is you downloaded a ton of tunes, and instead of actually spending time to tag them properly, you just loaded them into your iTunes Library...which does not actually alter the meta-data of the songs...even though it will display correct information in the player.

My suggestion, spend a bit of time and tag your music correctly...I use Tag&Rename for doing this...works great and will also sang the album art and embed it into the file is you like. Once you tag the tunes correctly, then just drag and drop to your Music folder on your SD card....

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
@bodybagz if you dont actually buy the songs and get them off programs like frostwire most of the time they are tagged to advertise a dj or website. there are websites on your computer that will scan your library and correcting tag everything. im not sure if this will work on our droids but poweramp has feature that lets you edit tags under info but it sounds like this guy has a ton of music. i suggest looking on the market im pretty sure there are tagging apps or just try those websites out.

OP
R

radtech91

Reaction score
Exactly I have a ton of music. I'm also on a mac so no .exe files are going to work. I have already tried those things where they will find your music and tag it correctly but it shows them as already tagged correctly.

When i manually put them on the SD card it shows them as untitled and not in the correct order. Also the media players will say that it is an unsupported format, even though when I get one of the other options to work it will play the same exact song.

Its just getting so frustrating right now. I've been working on it for 5 days now and still can't get anything to work.

OP
R

radtech91

Reaction score
So I tried this Salling Software - Salling Media Sync for Mac, its called Salling Media sync. It noticed my droid right away only took an hour and half for 12GB.
After I ejected and unmounted it from my laptop I let it prepare the SD card and whatever else it does and then I checked the music player and it started loading up some of the artists more than it did before. I was all excited and thought I may have finally got it. Then I seen it still had them all taggedd wrong and it would show all the songs of an album lets say all 15. But under it before you go to that album it would say 2 of 15. Then if you click on a song it would say unsupported format!!!!! THEY ARE ALL MP3'S!!!!!!

So I shut off my phone and restarted it. And it still did the same thing.

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
So I tried this Salling Software - Salling Media Sync for Mac, its called Salling Media sync. It noticed my droid right away only took an hour and half for 12GB.
After I ejected and unmounted it from my laptop I let it prepare the SD card and whatever else it does and then I checked the music player and it started loading up some of the artists more than it did before. I was all excited and thought I may have finally got it. Then I seen it still had them all taggedd wrong and it would show all the songs of an album lets say all 15. But under it before you go to that album it would say 2 of 15. Then if you click on a song it would say unsupported format!!!!! THEY ARE ALL MP3'S!!!!!!

So I shut off my phone and restarted it. And it still did the same thing.

unsupported format? do they play on your computer?

OP
R

radtech91

Reaction score
Yeah they play fine on my computer, my iPod and my old LG enV Touch. Never had any problems.

I swapped out the 32GB card I was trying to use and I'm going to try the 16GB one from my old phone and see if maybe its the card.

I'm going to try DoubleTwist syncing first. It seemed to do the best with the tagging of the music.

OP
R

radtech91

Reaction score
Well it worked perfectly with the 16GB card! It must have been the SD card. I used double twist and synced it that way they all play great they are all there. And they are all tagged correctly.

Thanks for the suggestions. I wish I would have switched the cards a long time ago. I guess I'll just save up for a Sandisk 32GB like my 16GB. no more of these generic company names.

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
Well it worked perfectly with the 16GB card! It must have been the SD card. I used double twist and synced it that way they all play great they are all there. And they are all tagged correctly.

Thanks for the suggestions. I wish I would have switched the cards a long time ago. I guess I'll just save up for a Sandisk 32GB like my 16GB. no more of these generic company names.

I was about to say your definitely doing something wrong it would ruin the reputation of the phone if it was that complicated. That makes sense the card was probably corrupt or too old. No idea but glad it works!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
@bodybagz if you dont actually buy the songs and get them off programs like frostwire most of the time they are tagged to advertise a dj or website. there are websites on your computer that will scan your library and correcting tag everything. im not sure if this will work on our droids but poweramp has feature that lets you edit tags under info but it sounds like this guy has a ton of music. i suggest looking on the market im pretty sure there are tagging apps or just try those websites out.

Thanks for the lesson, but its not needed...really. I have a collection of nothing but albums on my Music Hard Drive...total of about 300gb of data...I dont do single tracks, and I dont use Frostwire...simply because I feel its a waste of my time.

There isnt an album out of the 4500 or so I have on my drive, that I havent went in and re-edited the tags and meta-data...because I want them to be right.

I dont know what "websites" you have on your computer that tag your music, but I assure you, I do not have any that tag mine. I use 2 applications for my music collection, Tag&Rename and Tag Scanner...both of which do the same thing, but I use each for separate reasons.

In the end, if the music is tagged correctly on the PC, it will be tagged correctly on the phone. If the music is purchased through iTunes, then it will be tagged correctly, but if it is just loaded into iTunes, then the tags will register in iTunes as whatever they were when they were originally loaded...

Thats why I personally tag all my tunes myself...that way I have no doubt about how my music will look on cross-platform devices, be it my PC, Droid X or my iPod Touch....:)