Droid X MP3 Files

cjw609

Reaction score
I imported my iTunes playlist and some songs off my computer and when I go to the music on my Droid X not all the songs show, but when I search on the phone I see all MP3 files are there or even when I connect the phone to the computer. Does anyone know why not all my music files are showing up in the music app?

OP
C

cjw609

Reaction score
How could I find that out? All my music is from Limewire

tatuud

Reaction score
when you see all of the music files on your phone are they all in the same folder? are all of the files mp3's. the first thing i would do is make sure all of the mp3's are in the same file as the mp3's you can see on your phone when you hit the music app. then i would reboot the phone, if all of them are the same ext and in the same folder as the ones you are seeing on the phone all the rest should follow after you reboot.

OP
C

cjw609

Reaction score
Yes they are all in the music folder with the same extension .mp3 and I tried rebooting numerous times.

tatuud

Reaction score
well than i would take the mp3's that are not showing up and check to see if they are protected as was mentioned earlier. I would do this on my computer and actually move the files to your desktop or another file. i believe you can right click the individual file, go to properties and see if some sort of protection is checked off, could also be in another setting when you right click. i know i have seen that before and just unchecked it.

tatuud

Reaction score
ok here is where i keep my mp3's...sd card/media/mp3's. try this setting then restart the phone and see if it works.

OP
C

cjw609

Reaction score
Did you create a sub-folder within media or just dragged all your MP3's into the media folder?