Deleted songs/playlists still appear in the music app (or appear twice):

blue3online

Reaction score
Glad that fixed it!! dancedroid

BTW, it seems like this only happens if you delete media files directly from the SD card. Deleting using the apps seems ok.

- To add to this, the duplicate problem can occur if you are using an app to move files as well. I used ES file explorer to cut/paste my music library within the SD and the whole lot got duplicated in my media player.

The solution works great either way. Thnx!

topdogmsn

Reaction score
I FOUND A SOLUTION
i have the exact same problem with my samsung galaxy 3s, with the software 4.1.2. the playlists content disapears all the time.
what helped on my phone was to make a backup on your pc, from the phones and SD-cards memory, then format your phone (both phone card) PROBLEM FIXED. I know it takes some time to restore everything, i recommend that you install "backup and restore" and "playlist backup" on your phone and make a backup on your apps and playlist. good luck

PS. install only the apps that you need (it could be an app that did made the bug)
PPS. if you can use another music player than the default one, that could also prevent the bug, i am using "Now Playing"