Droid X and accessories fitting?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Hello all!

So I was going to buy that carbon-fiber case on verizon's website, as well as the multimedia dock, and perhaps the extended battery for my Droid X. Does anyone know if I can dock my Droid X SAFELY while I have a case on it, will it fit EASILY? And will that carbon-fiber case fit with the extended battery in? Also, will the Droid X fit on the dock with the extended battery AND case on?

I of course called Verizon, and as we all know, you can't trust a rep.

And it seems like these companies dont design products with the customer in mind anymore, because just guessing I would say the dock wouldnt work with the extended battery or a case, just my guess. I mean who wouldnt buy a case for their $550 phone? Whatever Motorola, whatever.

Anyway that's just my two cents, thanks in advance!

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
The Multimedia Station can not be used with a case. Not even a real thin one. I doubt it will fit with the extended battery. If it does it will be very tight. You would probably be in danger of damaging the ports.

Some of the snap on cases have enough room for the extended batteries but bulge a little bit, or so I've heard others say. Best bet is to hold off on buying the case until you have the battery installed, then ask to try it on at the store.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
That's damn convienient of Motorola. But anyways, good suggestion, thanks!

Droidella

Reaction score
Just got my multimedia dock for the Droid X.. and NOW I find out it won't fit w/ my case in it. :( I agree with Jimmy -- damn convenient, Motorola. How do they expect to sell many of those things? I am thinking of returning mine now. I would choose my protective case any day over the dock! Guess we can't have our cake and eat it too. lol