Droid will not download e-mails from g-mail

srglasser

Reaction score
My Droid used to download my g-mails (sync with gmail was no problem) but has now stopped downloading my gmails and I get an error message which says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." I think the problem has to do with a discrepancy between my Droid password and my g-mail password -- perhaps I inadvertently changed the password on my Droid. If that is the problem, how do I change the password on my droid so it will again have access to my gmail account?

Thanks for any help!

Silver Member
Reaction score
home - menu - settings - accounts and sync

OP
S

srglasser

Reaction score
where is the change password screen?

thanks for the quick reply - I did as you suggested but when I get to the screen which says "sync gmail", I active the sync but get the same error message. I do not see the place to change my password? Sorry if I'm dense.

Silver Member
Reaction score
crap, you're right.

hit add account and type in the same credentials as before, except use your new (correct) password.

OP
S

srglasser

Reaction score
set up new account

I did set up a new g-mail account on my droid (apparently the password change had been made on the on-line account but I have changed that to match the password in my droid), now, although my droid no longer has the error ! displayed, it will not sync and still says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." on the "manage accounts" screen. Any additional thoughts ???? BTW, thanks so much for helping out here, I really appreciate it.

Silver Member
Reaction score
other people have reported this issue too. i think something is going on with google sync.

OP
S

srglasser

Reaction score
google sync

OK, then, good to know - I'm ALWAYS happy when it's not something that I have done "wrong." I guess the thing to do now is just hang out and wait to see if google fixes this problem?

OP
S

srglasser

Reaction score
Downloading now with a vengence

YIKES - don't know what happened but my droid is now downloading the gmails with a vengence - I'm receiving all of my g-mails from the last two days - guess google got it together! Thank you for your help!!! :)