Droid Wifi causing Verizon Fios router to reboot

syntax53

Reaction score
Just about everytime I turn on my wifi on my droid at home my router reboots itself within a few minutes. I have the router setup with WPA encryption and my fiance uses it everyday without issue with her laptop.

Today when I turned it on the router rebooted itself twice within 20 minutes so I just turned it back off. Anyone else have a verizon fios router and notice anything like this?

ldimick

Reaction score
I have a FIOS router and have never had anything like that happen. I'd ask for a replacement router.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I have a FIOS router and have never had anything like that happen. I'd ask for a replacement router.

+1. I concur. Have FIOS and have yet to have a problem other than it failing to release "connections" both from my Droid and from other resources, particularly those that go to "sleep" with a connection, but I have never had the router reboot.

OP
syntax53

syntax53

Reaction score
It's just weird that my fiance's computer works fine with it everyday, as does my Nintendo Wii. Yet I turn on my droid 2/3 times it will reboot.

JayMonster

Reaction score
It's just weird that my fiance's computer works fine with it everyday, as does my Nintendo Wii. Yet I turn on my droid 2/3 times it will reboot.

Computers and Video Consoles typically maintain their connections, whereas the Droid (or any Android Device, and the couple of WinMo Devices I have has with Wi-Fi as well) do not... this is to save battery life, but it seems to confuse many routers (including the MI424WR).