Droid Voice - Specifically For Navigation

bdholsin

Reaction score
I'm not too keen about the voice in the Google Navigation app. I've searched but only came up with TTS information. Any chance anyone knows of an alternate voice/voices I can install?

Thanks people.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
None, AFAIK there is none available.

OP
B

bdholsin

Reaction score
Bummer. Thanks for the incredibly fast reply. Much appreciated.

MikeVagg

Reaction score
Driod and EZ Navigator

Anyone know if DX can use EZ Nav, I have had good luck with that, and "love" the Voices, they sound like ATT True Speech.?

HockeyGuy87

Reaction score
BUMP. Im not a big fan of the voice either, Ive tried going through settings but couldn't find anything to change it :(

Aohus

Reaction score
Actually you can install TTS starting on Froyo 2.2

I installed Loquendo Susan TTS. Her voice is MUCH better than the stock Pico TTS.

just go to mobilism and they should have the susan loquendo TTS apk file. It works but I have to manually select Susan TTS every time i want to hear her voice.

This works on Navigation, as i hear her voice daily. her pronunciations are quite clear and gets enunciations accurately

for instance, she says 'el camino real' but with correct intonation in spanish way!

Last edited:

JimmyD

Reaction score
Actually you can install TTS starting on Froyo 2.2

I installed Loquendo Susan TTS. Her voice is MUCH better than the stock Pico TTS.

just go to mobilism and they should have the susan loquendo TTS apk file. It works but I have to manually select Susan TTS every time i want to hear her voice.

This works on Navigation, as i hear her voice daily. her pronunciations are quite clear and gets enunciations accurately

for instance, she says 'el camino real' but with correct intonation in spanish way!

:icon_eek: Thanks for this info! :icon_ banana: