Droid video recording bug ?

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I have a problem and I was wondering if all the devices have this bug . My phone takes really crappy low-light videos , no news here , but I noticed that it can do a lot better ,
In video mode , when I'm filming a dark room , if I switch the video quality from low to high , and high to low , for a second it takes really good , bright images , and then it goes really dark again . Is this a common thing or is my device defective ? My 4 year old 1 MP flip phone takes brighter videos in low light , did anybody found a video recording application that can change the white balance level ?

Redls1bird

Reaction score
Its not a white balance issue, its an aperture issue. Hopefully someone will put out an app with manual control of aperture for video and camera. It might already be out there.

OP
smokiedabong

smokiedabong

Reaction score
As far as I know the camera has a fixed iris , so the aperture can not be adjusted . I noticed something else , if I select solarize the low light videos are a bit clearer and brighter . Seems that the problem is with the image processing software .