Droid users needed paid research study and app beta test

Game4set

Reaction score
So I'm unable to find the app on the market since I'm on 2.2 could I somehow get the apk elsewhere?

OP
L
Reaction score
So I'm unable to find the app on the market since I'm on 2.2 could I somehow get the apk elsewhere?

I still don't know why some 2.2 aren't showing it on the market. They come up on our Nexus Ones, and I've seen it come up on some Droids with 2.2. I'm trying to figure that one out...

I can email you the apk in the meantime. Please write [email protected]

Justin

OP
L
Reaction score
I downloaded but it won't connect to my facebook

Hi Fleury,

Which part won't connect? The app that you download in the market doesn't connect with Facebook, but your account that you create with us does. Do you get a browser error when you try to login? If so, try to refresh the browser and login again.

Can you email me for further troubleshooting so we don't fill the thread too much with this?

Fleury14

Reaction score
I downloaded but it won't connect to my facebook

Hi Fleury,

Which part won't connect? The app that you download in the market doesn't connect with Facebook, but your account that you create with us does. Do you get a browser error when you try to login? If so, try to refresh the browser and login again.

Can you email me for further troubleshooting so we don't fill the thread too much with this?
Its the site...

Reaction score
locaccino.study,Went ahead and filled out the survey at the link that you emailed me when I emailed you about the study and am now fooling around with the application. Anything else I need to do?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
At first the op looked like a bot. But looking at the responses either its advanced or theres a person behind the screenname.
Either way sounds too much like spam for me. I'll let the risk takers try it out first and report back.

...I'm definitely not an advanced bot, perhaps an un-advanced human. I understand your caution though...perhaps others who have signed up can vouch for us?

ahhhh ha! That is exactly what all the advanced bots are saying these days.

Takes off mod hat.

I also am worried about security so did some poking around.
I did a whois on the domain name.
I searched loccacino on Google.
There is a facebook group.
There are ppt slides
It is mentioned on the Where Are You Now? - Carnegie Mellon University page.
I suggest others do the same if they are worried.

I exchanged a bunch of emails with Jason regarding issues with the app, its layout, etc.

I also have a rooted phone. Jason sent me the apk because it didnt show for me in the market either.

Puts mod/rs hat back on

The market fix makes your phone look like a 2.1 phone to the market. This means you no longer see 2.2 apps.

Reaction score
Hey,

I am wondering if you have reached your cap or not? I am interested and would like more information on this study.

erikfig

Reaction score
I wanted to be part of this... I installed this app but my Droid performance was really crappy after the install, It was getting freeze. I uninstalled and the phone was back to normal mode. Watch out with this!!!

OP
L
Reaction score
locaccino.study,Went ahead and filled out the survey at the link that you emailed me when I emailed you about the study and am now fooling around with the application. Anything else I need to do?

Hey captaincanada84,

For now that's it. In the next day or two, I'll send further instructions on what to do for the study.

It wouldn't hurt if you told your friends about it, because you'll need to give us feedback about your experience actually sharing your location with your friends.

Justin