Droid users needed paid research study and app beta test

GoldWinger88

Reaction score
Hate to be a naysayer, but I find it odd that this person recently joined the forum and their only posts are in regards to this study.
Which appears to involve your FaceBook accounts.

In recent months, Facebook accounts are getting hacked and personal information being stolen and used for criminal activity on a regular basis.

If this person is indeed legit then by all means go for it.

But I find it strange that there is no supporting website or contact information other than a Gmail account

jmho

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi GoldWinger88,

I couldn't agree with you more. People should be cautious to websites they don't know about, especially when personal information is involved. I don't think anyone should join our study until they find out more about us.

I'm happy to chat with anyone about our research group, and I'll provide links to our CMU webpages, as well as some articles in the popular press about the research we're doing to anyone.

As I said before, I'd prefer not to post this on the forum, since we're trying to conduct a controlled experiment, and this would bias our results.

Cheers,
Justin

Last edited:

Jejackson

Reaction score
Email on the way, ill try and convince the wife and all my droid friends to join

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't mix Facebook with anything else, it's just too personal for me...good luck with your study and I hope you have the best of luck in the creation of your application

meek_reese

Reaction score
Hey guys, while I can't vouch for this particular poster, I do want to let you know that CMU is doing a paid research study, it is totally legit. I just signed up for the study they are doing here in Pittsburgh. CMU has a pretty good relationship with Google, so it makes sense...

OP
L
Reaction score
thanks tparker76, this app definitely isn't for everyone. I appreciate you well wishes though...!

sockmess

Reaction score
At first the op looked like a bot. But looking at the responses either its advanced or theres a person behind the screenname.
Either way sounds too much like spam for me. I'll let the risk takers try it out first and report back.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for being so enthusiastic about helping our research!

I'll be offline for a few hours this evening, in case you respond but don't hear back from me. In case this thread should really take off while I'm gone, I wanted to let everyone know that the number of selected paid participants is capped at 100. Everyone that's replied so far will be eligible, assuming they satisfy the prerequisites and complete the study. I just want to mention this now in case this thread should get 10k views by the time I get back.

We will select the first 100 respondents who satisfy the prereqs to participate in the formal research study. However, anyone is always free to try out the app if you aren't selected in this round. We also run several research studies a year, so we're always looking for new participants.

Cheers,
Justin

OP
L
Reaction score
At first the op looked like a bot. But looking at the responses either its advanced or theres a person behind the screenname.
Either way sounds too much like spam for me. I'll let the risk takers try it out first and report back.

...I'm definitely not an advanced bot, perhaps an un-advanced human. I understand your caution though...perhaps others who have signed up can vouch for us?