Droid update this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not mystery update. I do have some information as to what it is. It is a maintenance update only right now.

Is it necessary to get this update "before" we can get the final 2.1?... or is there a relation?

In other words..... until we get this maintenance update is there no reason to expect the final?

It's not mystery update. I do have some information as to what it is. It is a maintenance update only right now.

Is it necessary to get this update "before" we can get the final 2.1?... or is there a relation?

In other words..... until we get this maintenance update is there no reason to expect the final?

Yes there is a direct correlation there. Please download the patch guys when it's available to you. I have more on 2.1 also but we WON"T see 2.1 until this release is out there :).

OK I got the mystery update this morning and downloaded it. I found nothing different.
Just went to Facebook in the market and downloaded (updated) the app. I had tried several times to update with "Unsuccessful" as a result. This time it loaded and updated fine.

I am in South Jersey FYI

Well unless you want to share your info on this mornings update with class it's still a mystery to us!:blink:

OK I got the mystery update this morning and downloaded it. I found nothing different.
Just went to Facebook in the market and downloaded (updated) the app. I had tried several times to update with "Unsuccessful" as a result. This time it loaded and updated fine.

I am in South Jersey FYI

Well unless you want to share your info on this mornings update with class it's still a mystery to us!:blink:

see post 60,61,62 in this thread :icon_eek:

Yes there is a direct correlation there. Please download the patch guys when it's available to you. I have more on 2.1 also but we WON"T see 2.1 until this release is out there :).

How did you get more information?? please share more as to what it is.

on another note about 3 weeks ago i installed the facebook update from the market and it worked fine i don't think it has anything to do with the update.

My Google Maps shows as installed, and now that I've installed the Market FB app that shows as installed as well. :p

I wonder if you uninstall your downloaded FB you would still have your old one and it won't show installed anymore?

When we get 2.1, I guess it will overwrite your existing FB if yours is current and there will be no changes?......

Lol doesn't matter much anyways. The FB app is horrid to begin with. Facebook really dropped the ball and I can't believe the Android devs put it as a default app with it being so lacking. :p

Facebook did not develop the android fb app. It is not official. Which is retarded. But it was made by a 3rd party developer.

How did you get more information?? please share more as to what it is.

on another note about 3 weeks ago i installed the facebook update from the market and it worked fine i don't think it has anything to do with the update.

As far as what I can share I have done so :). This is a maintanance release only. It does include a patch that is needed.

As far as to the how. I have a contact. He's a rock solid source and has been spot on so far and with my previous BB life too :).

VZW has very specific rules as to what he can or can not say to me or you. What he does say he says with confidence that I won't put him in a bad position. He can lose his job for leaking information so I won't get in to more details right now.

the other question I will ansewr is NO I do not have 2.1 rockin on my Droid. Yes i would but I don't. If i did it would be on a server for all to share!

Thats annoying...

Thats annoying...

Sorry but we have no say. On the bright side is your scroll may be better and the device overall should feel fresh

Thats annoying...

Hey, look on the bright side.. now you get two updates instead of one!....

Only problem is the first one doesn't do much that you can tell.

Well actually there is something bugging me about this why was it only applied to certain types of phones?

I may have missed it somewhere and someones motodroid did get the update, but for now it seems like the other android phones got it and it could be something we already have.

Facebook did not develop the android fb app. It is not official. Which is retarded. But it was made by a 3rd party developer.

You sure about that? The one I installed from teh market has facebook listed as its author, [email protected] as the developer and teh facebook android page as its web page.

The only reason I bring this up is because I didnt want to use any applications that were not official. Would google let an imposter throw up an application imposing as someone else for this long? I hope not :(

Thats annoying...

Well actually there is something bugging me about this why was it only applied to certain types of phones?

I may have missed it somewhere and someones motodroid did get the update, but for now it seems like the other android phones got it and it could be something we already have.

this is like a remake of 2.0.1. like a patch for wondows as an update. The Droid needs this patch. The Eris needs a it's own patch. I am not sure what you mean

this is like a remake of 2.0.1. like a patch for wondows as an update. The Droid needs this patch. The Eris needs a it's own patch. I am not sure what you mean

To be more precise I wasn't sure if somehow the droid didn't need this patch and this patch was just for the other phones that could have an issue with coding or some other issue seeing as even on the facebook page it says Droid users do not need to update, but yeaah do you catch what I'm saying now?

I was also mentioning it because I haven't heard of any moto droid users getting the update, but I could be wrong.

To be more precise I wasn't sure if somehow the droid didn't need this patch and this patch was just for the other phones that could have an issue with coding or some other issue seeing as even on the facebook page it says Droid users do not need to update, but yeaah do you catch what I'm saying now?

I was also mentioning it because I haven't heard of any moto droid users getting the update, but I could be wrong.

Everyone in this thread who got the update is carrying a Droid I thought. The answer to your question is I am not sure, but I am sure it will be pushed to all droids. That means that all Droids "should" be ready for the 2.1 OTA update when I arrives. It will arrive very soon. This is the second maintanance release for the Droid in 2 months. Nice track record if you ask me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back