Droid unable to boot

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol please try what i suggested.. it will work!

I've tried. Step 2 does not work for me. The phone immediately goes to the error messages. "Force Close" and it starts all over again.

g

Use RSD Lite to flash the SPRecovery sbf file onto your phone:

Download the following file:
http://rescue.macleod-web.net > navigate to the sbf folder and grab SPRecovery_for_ese81.sbf
  1. Connect your phone to the PC via USB and turn it off then while your phone is booting hold up on the DPAD.
  2. Run RSD Lite 4.6 as Administrator (For all you Vista and 7 folks out there. If you are using XP you may not need to run as Administrator)
  3. If your phone is not displayed in the "model" column you may need to do the following:
    1. Select the "config" option from the upper left corner of the tool
    2. Select DeviceId Options
    3. Select one of the two options available. By default neither are chosen, and my phone shows up fine with neither one selected.
  4. Click the [...] next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the .sbf file you want to use and double click the .sbf file.
  5. Hit start and below it should give you completion progress.
  6. Your phone will reboot and you will be on a stock 2.1 phone with SPRecovery installed.
credit to ikithme and video at droid-life.com

You now have the replacement boot-recovery app SPRecovery installed. You can use this tool to perform backups, restore those backups, apply update.zip updates, kernels, and flash full replacement roms.

well redo step one like were all telling you lol there are no FCs in the bootloader

OP
garyiden

garyiden

Reaction score
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! success is MINE! Thank you ALL for your help and encouragement. Could not have done it without you. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! success is MINE! Thank you ALL for your help and encouragement. Could not have done it without you. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Glad it worked out!:)

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

one more successful phone revived :) no problem