Droid unable to achieve GPS lock

cccpr

Reaction score
For the past couple days, my Droid's been trying to acquire a GPS lock and failing miserably. Several reboots haven't helped, and it's really frustrating. aGPS locks on fine as always, though. Are there any more specific solutions I can try?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I read a post awhile back about turning your phone around 3x on all 3 axes helps reset some sensors and pick up GPS (I dont know if it fixes the cause or the symptoms).

brochaos

Reaction score
i have this problem too. i still think it is because of a conflict with some other program. i removed my weather programs (that update based on locations) and it still happens. the only other things that i use that access gps are maps obviously, the browser and dolphin.

it always works fine if i restart the phone too...

OP
C

cccpr

Reaction score
I just removed Foursquare and restarted, and managed a lock. I'll try reinstalling to see if it happens again to try to isolate the issue.

brochaos

Reaction score
no foursquare here. i have all the places/yelp/etc apps too, but i never use them.

do you use latitude? i know that is constantly doing location updates in the background. i'm gonna turn that off (and buzz too) and see if that helps.

Last edited: