Droid Ultra Open Wifi

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I try to connect to open WiFi menu says it is but when u try to use it on internet no connection the wifi indicator is white also anyone else having this issue I called Motorola they acted stupid about it. It works fine on secured WiFi just not on open WiFi. Does anyone else have the Ultra is doing this or is yours working ok on open WiFi?

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I don't have the Ultra, but our 'X' and D2s work fine on open and secure networks, but many open networks are not 'open' as they require you to agree to their terms first, before you gain access, and I have had issues where this screen never came up originally, only after disconnecting and reconnection, did the screen show this requirement, once I agreed to it, I hit enter, then cleared it and started browsing the web.

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
It says I'm connected to open wifi but the indicator is white not blue so when try internet no connection...

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Also sometimes you have to open the browser and refresh the page for terms of use to appear before you can use of wifi.

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I've done everything u already said still no go.... I wish I knew someone had a Ultra I think it an issue with it....I had the razor maxx HD before never had a problem at all with open WiFi... Until I got the Ultra...

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I don't have the Ultra, but our 'X' and D2s work fine on open and secure networks, but many open networks are not 'open' as they require you to agree to their terms first, before you gain access, and I have had issues where this screen never came up originally, only after disconnecting and reconnection, did the screen show this requirement, once I agreed to it, I hit enter, then cleared it and started browsing the web.

Also sometimes you have to open the browser and refresh the page for terms of use to appear before you can use of wifi.

I've done everything u already said still no go.... I wish I knew someone had a Ultra I think it an issue with it....I had the razor maxx HD before never had a problem at all with open WiFi... Until I got the Ultra...

My wife has the Maxx and has not had any problems connecting to open wifi. My HTC One has had problems a few times, but doing the above suggestions have gotten me connected most times. It could be that my wife has not had the problem yet because she hasn't tried to connect to nearly as many open networks as I have. I had the most trouble at a Target and Best Buy store. If I remember correctly, I never did get connected, but I just gave up quickly and used 4G.

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
It won't work it says connected on WiFi menu but when try using it say no data connection. The indicator on phone is white suppose to be blue. It don't make since to me cause my friends have sprint they connect to it with no problems but Verizon phones won't connect. It like that everywhere that has open WiFi.. my school don't understand it either. I done everything I thought of but it won't work. Could Verizon have open WiFi block so u have to use your data so they make money?? Please help thank you!

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Did you set up your WiFi access in settings, so your home router 'sees' the phone?
You need to manually enter the password and possibly set the DHCP to automatic instead of manual.
DNS might need to be set as well.
Default gateways are usually 255.255.255.255, but check the main IP setting, it should look something like this: 192.168.0.3
Each device will have its own unique IP address, including your phone, but it also has to be set up properly for the phone to work through your router, search the settings menu for wireless & network settings, tap that, and tap 'WiFi Settings' and then turn on WiFi, then look at the available networks appearing on that screen, yours should be visible, select that, and tap 'Connect to network', and type in your password and save it. You should also see the status as 'connected', as well as security you decide using, and signal strength with link speed and IP address the phone is using.
Your settings menu might differ from what I have, but the basics should be identical.
You can tap the phone's MENU key and open the advanced settings tab, where you can manually enter the Ad-Hoc channel if you choose, the WiFi sleep policy and also enable Auto-IP or static-IP.
Your phone's MAC address should be showing too.