Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
So really, to me, the only reason to root remains wireless tether and adblocking.
While I like having the option to root, even these two issues aren't really an issue anymore since there are both wireless tether and adblocking options available that don't require root.

S5 tap'n

JDH

Reaction score
I also feel like Verizon really screwed us over on the Turbo. If this phone wasn't so reliable I would consider the pixel or even the 5X on project fi right now but my turbo is solid workhorse, never a hiccup. When you compare specs it's still up there with the best of the new phones sans the OS.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I also feel like Verizon really screwed us over on the Turbo. If this phone wasn't so reliable I would consider the pixel or even the 5X on project fi right now but my turbo is solid workhorse, never a hiccup. When you compare specs it's still up there with the best of the new phones sans the OS.

Only reason I'm walking away from it is I totally shattered my screen 3 weeks after my 2yr replacement date (because of course), only the second time I've broken my phone naked. (toasted my Bionic in a GoCart crash). Turbo still works fine but that feeling of running over cracks is getting old rapidly. Should have my Pixel XL by mid december.

OP
radon222

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Damn,

Am I really going to be the last Turbo hold out? I guess it's not too surprising considering I was using an original Note on my personal account until last Christmas when my son gave me his "old" Galaxy S5 as a hand-me down.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Damn,

Am I really going to be the last Turbo hold out? I guess it's not too surprising considering I was using an original Note on my personal account until last Christmas when my son gave me his "old" Galaxy S5 as a hand-me down.
I know several people with one. They seem to have sold good in the business sector, and those folks hold onto their phones for a while some times. You might be the only one here, that posts regularly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

R

RETG

Don't care if it is updated or not and might keep it until Zucchini Lemon Muffins is the software version 10 years from now. So long as it works as it has, it is ok with me.;)

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I just bought 2 off of eBay, couldn't bring myself to like the Moto Z force. Yes, 2, dropped the 1st one right out of the box
9f63ec446f3e82948d29195e090d164f.jpg
oops. Don't like the bigger is better trend phones are headed. Still have my original turbo from launch. Lollipop killed the speaker volumes. So the new update can just wait if it was up to me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
But, the fact remains that if I can't close the flap on my shirt pocket, with the standard Verizon holster, it just got too big. Yeah, I walked that walk. 3.5 then 3.7...3.9....4.0...etc. I'm in my happy place, paint, bag and time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I understand. I always swore I'd never go larger than the 5.1" screen size of my S5, but after spending time with the wife's 5.7" Note 7, it really isn't unwieldy or difficult to manage. If anything I like the larger real estate of her Note. And since I rarely put my device in my pants or shirt pockets, it's a non issue for me. That said, we each like what we like and have to be happy with the device we're going to spend the next 1-2 years with.

S5 tap'n

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Note takes a little while to get used to, but one you get used to it, going back is difficult. I'm trying to settle on a replacement for my Note7 right now, and I can't. I have an S7Edge to replace it with already, but I can't get into it. Thought the V20 might be it, but I wasn't impressed at all when I actually used one. Pixel doesn't do it for me, I don't like Motorola, and HTC is just bland as can be.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I know several people with one. They seem to have sold good in the business sector, and those folks hold onto their phones for a while some times. You might be the only one here, that posts regularly.

Amen to that. Got my Turbo in July 2015 as my company phone. Best Android phone I have ever had. Owned a RAZR M and a HCT Aria prior to that.

I will keep the Turbo until it (or the battery) dies. It runs circles in battery life around all those Samsungs and iPhones most of my co-workers have. I too have zero issues with it, still smooth as butter, never crashes, never freezes.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Amen to that. Got my Turbo in July 2015 as my company phone. Best Android phone I have ever had. Owned a RAZR M and a HCT Aria prior to that.

I will keep the Turbo until it (or the battery) dies. It runs circles in battery life around all those Samsungs and iPhones most of my co-workers have. I too have zero issues with it, still smooth as butter, never crashes, never freezes.
You can't ask for much more than that. I know two people with Turbos, both pushing 2 years old now, and they still absolutely love them. And when I mentioend a possible OS update they both were very unhappy...they like their phone exactly as it is now so they will defer any updates for as long as possible.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Hey guys,

PhoneArena is reporting that there have been indications that Moto will be initiating a soak test for the Droid Turbo soon. I know, not soon enough for many and more than a year too late for most. I for one hope everything goes smoothly and that us OG Turbo hold-outs get a nice Christmas present from Big Red

Motorola DROID Turbo gets soak test prior to Android 6.0 update
By Soak test you mean what "water?" if you mean water I have taken my turbo 2 through a water park and just coveref the bottom where the charger is pugged in with a common sandwich baggy and took pictures while going under the water park water falls. I don't think it can be fully dunked and haven't tried but a full 100% waterproof turbo 2 Like phone would be awesome (Turbo 4 anyone?)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
By Soak test you mean what "water?" if you mean water I have taken my turbo 2 through a water park and just coveref the bottom where the charger is pugged in with a common sandwich baggy and took pictures while going under the water park water falls. I don't think it can be fully dunked and haven't tried but a full 100% waterproof turbo 2 Like phone would be awesome (Turbo 4 anyone?)
It's not about water. A soak test is when the manufacturer / developer releases a new OS update to a selected group of users (testers) to try it out before it rolls out to the public. They let the new software "soak" in for a few days to make sure it's stable.

Also: folks that are selected for a test group are forbidden from talking about it on public forums and websites.